Joe Biden blames 'the white man's culture' for sexual assaults Watch

Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by RajahElTigre)
I think some people are taking what he said out of context, and the context is American culture and mentality. It's not to say that all white men are rapists; it's to point out that a majority of rapes are committed by white men, which is something a lot of people avoid admitting. There is a huge difference in how white rapists are charged or addressed compared to minorities in America, ESPECIALLY on campuses. When a person from a minority group is accused of rape (including false accusations) they tend to face harsh consequences whereas many white male rapists barely get a punishment and people are willing to brush it off. I think Biden is saying that it's unfair to be so lax with white male rapists, especially because their race represents more rapists than other races. The "white male culture" or mentality in this case is the idea among white men in America that they don't need to take rape seriously because they know that many of them get away with it.
The largest population demographic commiting the largest amount of a particular crime is not news. The rest is rubbish.
z-hog
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As for the incidence of rape at American Unis and any signs of deplorable whiteness among it, any serious research will have to take into account that in many of them white people are actually a minority. Every one of them will have different ratios in all categories, still it all goes into the mix by design. Anti-white narrative has reached an unprecedented level, it is unashamedly racist most of the time and God knows how we have all been educated into this.

https://www.collegefactual.com/colle...diversity.html

One thing is for sure, this is not the way leading up to racial harmony and a world where people's tone of skin doesn't make that much difference to anything. In the name of fighting racism, at least as much of it is generated and exploited by a self-serving industry in the process. By now, the American education system has evolved into creating segregated spaces within it. In the 21st century, that's how well the fight against racism and intolerance is going. They call it a promotion of brotherly love. MLK would be appalled.
joey11223
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It is absolutely is this awful cis white entitled privilege culture the white countries have that's responsible for sexual assaults against women. That's why if you look at all the majority non-white nations of the world, they're so much better places for women to live in safety of sexual assaults and any other sexist practices, it's also why within majority white nations, ethnic minority cause basically 0% of any sexual crimes or sexist cultural crimes against women, the white man is responsible for all the worlds evils.

...Good luck in 2020 Biden.
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by joey11223)
It is absolutely is this awful cis white entitled privilege culture the white countries have that's responsible for sexual assaults against women. That's why if you look at all the majority non-white nations of the world, they're so much better places for women to live in safety of sexual assaults and any other sexist practices, it's also why within majority white nations, ethnic minority cause basically 0% of any sexual crimes or sexist cultural crimes against women, the white man is responsible for all the worlds evils.

...Good luck in 2020 Biden.
Probably the most honest and forthright left wing post I've seen.
Stalin
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I suppose it's also the 'white man's culture' when it occurs in epidemic proportions in the DRC and South Africa.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Stalin)
I suppose it's also the 'white man's culture' when it occurs in epidemic proportions in the DRC and South Africa.
Stick to the point. The discussion is about America and not meant for you to take offence at the fact that America has significant race problems!
Trinculo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Isn't it amazing, all the rabid Trump haters who spent their time at the butt-end of the Obama administration making obsequious Biden-Obama memes about how close they were, and what a great guy Biden was.

Biden gets in hot water, and Obama won't touch his own VP with a 10 foot pole. Not a word.

All in all, Biden is a relatively centred Democrat - and with pretty much all the other options, except Andrew Yang being utter lunatics (even Buttigieg suddenely going nuts) the base is all of a sudden not interested in Biden, and the other candidates are turning the whole Democrat dirty tricks playbook on him.

It's hilarious.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Trinculo)
Isn't it amazing, all the rabid Trump haters who spent their time at the butt-end of the Obama administration making obsequious Biden-Obama memes about how close they were, and what a great guy Biden was.

Biden gets in hot water, and Obama won't touch his own VP with a 10 foot pole. Not a word.

All in all, Biden is a relatively centred Democrat - and with pretty much all the other options, except Andrew Yang being utter lunatics (even Buttigieg suddenely going nuts) the base is all of a sudden not interested in Biden, and the other candidates are turning the whole Democrat dirty tricks playbook on him.

It's hilarious.
This radical thought may amaze some people: Barack Obama got the black vote but did nothing specific for black people at all!
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

It's hilarious.
so you love Donny ?
Trinculo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mgi)
so you love Donny ?
Trump?
No, I think he’s terrible in many ways.
I also think that he’s the natural product of the transformation of the Democratic Party and the legacy of Obama.

As to the earlier point- I can’t disagree at all. In most ways, Obama was the worst thing that happened to black people politically.
Underscore__
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
Former U.S. Vice President Joseph R. Biden on Tuesday blamed “white man’s culture” for the persistence of sexual assaults against women in America.

“It’s an institution, a culture, a white man’s culture. It’s got to change,” Mr. Biden said at an award ceremony for students working to end rape on college campuses.

He took on the culture of men and white men in particular as he prepared to enter a crowded Democratic presidential race, which includes several women and black candidates.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...exual-assault/

This is in the wake of sexual assault allegations against himself.

I'm not sure how substantial these allegations are, but I am cynical enough to think this statement is an attempt by Biden to deflect the blame for the actions he is being accused of onto simply being a product of his environment. A bit of a cop out, imo.
I’m not sure how he would explain rape that occurs where the ‘white man’s culture’ doesn’t exist then.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Trump?
No, I think he’s terrible in many ways.
I also think that he’s the natural product of the transformation of the Democratic Party and the legacy of Obama.

As to the earlier point- I can’t disagree at all. In most ways, Obama was the worst thing that happened to black people politically.
Yes. Correct and point taken. What many people don't seem to realise is that when people like Obama or Meghan Markle join overwhelmingly white institutions such as USA government ,British Royal family etc. they cannot any longer speak about contentious issues such as police brutality, racism, women's right etc. The Biden storm in a tea cup will fizzle out soon enough; Biden is not a black male -like OJ or Bill Cosby- so it will be easier for him. Barack Obama never had anything specific to say to black people; they just got 'drunk'on his skin colour as the first Black USA president!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (311)
37.61%
No - but I will (64)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.5%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
47.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise