Is it normal that I keep thinking I'm going to fail? Watch

shohaib712
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Im currently resitting my Alevel exams and even though I am putting in the work I keep catastrophising about failing and struggling to find a job, nothing.... This was the first time I've ever failed anything. I did pretty well at GCSE and AS but after receiving BBD at Alevel my confidence in my academic performance has turned 0. I keep having negative thoughts and questioning whether I should just give up (even though I really dont want to ) and that the revision im doing is not going to be helpful in the exams. Any tips please? Thanks x
Last edited by shohaib712; 10 months ago
Alisha999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You are NOT going to fail! I promise you! You got a D grade and I got a D grade too for Chemistry. You saying that's not good makes me question my D grade in Chemistry

A D grade is a pass at Alevel! You wont fail. Keep working hard. I know how it feels to overthink things- I have anxiety. All you can do it the your best; nothing else! I got rejected from all my universities- I could have chosen to give up then but I didn't, and now I'm at the uni i wanted to attend in the first place.
Whatever happens happens for a reason- your hard work will pay off and you will get what you deserve.

If you want to talk feel free to PM me.
Hope this helps!
shohaib712
Rep:
?
thank you so much Alisha
(Original post by Alisha999)
You are NOT going to fail! I promise you! You got a D grade and I got a D grade too for Chemistry. You saying that's not good makes me question my D grade in Chemistry

A D grade is a pass at Alevel! You wont fail. Keep working hard. I know how it feels to overthink things- I have anxiety. All you can do it the your best; nothing else! I got rejected from all my universities- I could have chosen to give up then but I didn't, and now I'm at the uni i wanted to attend in the first place.
Whatever happens happens for a reason- your hard work will pay off and you will get what you deserve.

If you want to talk feel free to PM me.
Hope this helps!
angel.xo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
its gonna be okay keep going
Lydia.Mx
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by shohaib712)
Im currently resitting my Alevel exams and even though I am putting in the work I keep catastrophising about failing and struggling to find a job, nothing.... This was the first time I've ever failed anything. I did pretty well at GCSE and AS but after receiving BBD at Alevel my confidence in my academic performance has turned 0. I keep having negative thoughts and questioning whether I should just give up (even though I really dont want to ) and that the revision im doing is not going to be helpful in the exams. Any tips please? Thanks x
Never give up! You've got this - A level is hard & you're not going to amazingly at times but just think positively (I know thats so hard), but the more you get into that mindset and start believing in yourself, you will do it. Hang on in there! Good luck
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Think about where you went wrong last time and work to fix them.

Problems are just obstacles that you can solve.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Life is too short for self-doubt, keep powering on and working hard
Alisha999
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
thank you so much Alisha
No problems at all! You got this! 😊
I mean I'm currently stressing over how on earth I'm going to cover all this Biology and Physics content! But at the end of the day I keep reassuring myself that all I can do is try my best thats it.
Same goes for you!
Keep working!! (but don't burn yourself out-like I did at times!) 😊
username4515112
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Are you going to uni?
Wooord
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Biology A-level is honestly the bane of my existence, I don’t have much confidence in my right now either, since I haven’t been very motivated.
Take breaks during revision, try different revision techniques, and don’t be too hard on yourself!! We got this!!
Megxn0
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
This is exactly how i feel (mainly because I never do well in exams). Pretty sure this feeing is normal though. Good luck
justsomeguy17
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Yep it happens to everyone. I usually do a couple past papers and it usually boosts my confidence.
shohaib712
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alisha999)
No problems at all! You got this! 😊
I mean I'm currently stressing over how on earth I'm going to cover all this Biology and Physics content! But at the end of the day I keep reassuring myself that all I can do is try my best thats it.
Same goes for you!
Keep working!! (but don't burn yourself out-like I did at times!) 😊
Good luck! Honestly biology is a pain to get through I know your struggles
maryamrahim
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hey I’m resitting my A levels too, and I’m doing bio, chem and psychology. I feel the same as you too, but just give it your best shot since that’s all you can do
HanimalGurl
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You say you are putting in work, does this include doing past papers or mocks, to see how you are progressing?

That may help you ease your mind a bit.

You can see all the hard work beginning to pay off if you are doing well, its probably the anxiety of the worst case scenario, which is the best thing to have because its something you dont want so badly, that it doesn't end up happening, because you are trying your best to not make it happen.

I was literally in your shoes a month ago, but was having a panic attack in school and telling you what my teacher told me. Sometimes its also good to take breaks but don't take too many breaks to the point where it obstructs your revision.

Final thing, don't give up, the hardest part is getting to the exams and sitting down at that table, whats good about the hard part is that each exam lasts only 1 - 2 hours and then you're free from all that built up stress because you know you tried your hardest.

p.s. I find chemistry hard to revise because I don't enjoy it, maybe this is the same for you, we could both try to find a way to make it fun?
A level RPP
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
What a levels u taking???
user66643
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I am in the same boat, finished my extended diploma in college did well enough to get a conditional place at uni but having to resit maths as I did awful in my GCSE. Get my results in 10-28 days so just hoping everything goes to plan. You will be fine just keep working hard a lot of the work is backed by confidence and that will only come with revision and time spent. Wishing you the best

L
A level RPP
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Good luck! Honestly biology is a pain to get through I know your struggles
I regret not taking alevel bio instead of gov and pol...am I right??? Is it hard??? Interesting??? Sciency??? Fulfilling??? Good to take with rs and psych???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (438)
67.49%
No (211)
32.51%

Watched Threads