The Student Room Group

WJEC Physics AS Unit 2- 17th May 2019 AM [Exam Discussion]

This is the discussion thread for the Physics AS Unit 2 exam on May 17th. Anything linked to the exam is a good thing to post here- revision tips, study help, etc.

Specification- https://www.wjec.co.uk/qualifications/science/as-a-level/physics-as-a-level-2015/

Question Bank- https://www.wjec.co.uk/question-bank/question-search.html?subject=physics&level=gceasa&s=&language_id=1

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
How did people find the exam today?
Reply 3
Original post by engiego

Not good
Reply 4
Original post by Emdav01
Not good

I found it okay but I struggled with the boundary question where you had to measure with a rule to find the speed and refractive index.
Reply 5
Original post by engiego
I found it okay but I struggle with the boundary question where you had to measure with a rule to find the speed and refractive index.

Yes that was difficult as well. What did you do for the 6 marker?
Reply 6
Original post by Emdav01
Not good

I found it okay but I struggle with the boundary question where you had to measure with a rule to find the speed and refractive index.
Original post by Emdav01
Yes that was difficult as well. What did you do for the 6 marker?

So I think I put that the sources must be both of the same wavelength and monochromatic. Lasers are monochramitc but a filament bulb isn't. I also said that they should be in phase.
Reply 7
Original post by engiego

Not too bad. I think I messed up the refraction question a little (though hopefully it'll be alright when ecf marks are accounted, if they are). For the 6 marker I said the sources had to be coherent, of sufficient intensity to reach the screen, fully diffracted and not too far seperated. I don't know if any of that was right though.

Quick Reply

Latest