Zen10ya
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am very stressed about my upcoming GCSE french exam. I have had a number of teachers is the past few years and non of them have been able to help me with my French, which I am still failing :/... I asked my teacher to move to foundation and he said I would not be allowed. I have to pass French, so does anyone have any tips that would help?! Thank You very much in advance if you are able to give me any basic tips.
rach0
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
french gcse past papers are a great way to practice and give you an idea of what to expect.
do the exams and print the answers then go through and mark it and learn from your mistakes.

you can also try recording things in french and listening to them on your phone.

you could make coloured flash cards with french vocabulary/grammar on them. colour works great for memorising. there are great language games/online quizzes that can help you with revision.
try to make studying fun
best of luck!! it won’t be as bad as you think
I'mCookieMonster
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Quizlet is a great app/website for learning vocab, but for french like with any language you just have to revise it regularly and it will slowly start to sink in. I hated French but revised nearly everyday and managed to scrape an 8 overall in my final exams. All I can really say is that if you power through it now then it will all be over soon and you will thank yourself later.

Also agree with all the tips mentioned above^^

Best of luck xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (32)
13.79%
Virtual campus tours/open days (51)
21.98%
Live streaming events (22)
9.48%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (23)
9.91%
A uni comparison tool (54)
23.28%
An in-person event when available (50)
21.55%