The Student Room Group

AAT to ACA

Hello!

I am currently studying my AAT level 2 and I am 100% certain that I want to study the ACA qualification. I have had a chat with an ICAEW representative who has told me there are a few routes I can take in my transition from AAT to ACA.

The first is the AAT-ACA fast track, so doing my level 4 AAT I would get exemptions from nearly all the exams at certificate level and will have a full year work experience to deduct from my ACA.
The second option would be to complete my level 3 AAT and go onto CFAB, so I can do that in 12 months rather than the 18 months for level 4.
The third option would be for me to complete my level 3 AAT then go straight onto level 7 ACA which would obviously be more challenging completing certificate, professional and advanced in around 3 years.

I do have 3 years practice work experience under my belt and I am currently getting all distinctions in my level 2 exams. I will see how confident I am feeling towards the end of my level 3 AAT but I just wanted to advice from anyone who has taken any of the above routes and what they think would be the best option? I am not trying to rush this but I definitely don't feel like I need to take a long winded route to the ACA.
Original post by B-M-B
Hello!

I am currently studying my AAT level 2 and I am 100% certain that I want to study the ACA qualification. I have had a chat with an ICAEW representative who has told me there are a few routes I can take in my transition from AAT to ACA.

The first is the AAT-ACA fast track, so doing my level 4 AAT I would get exemptions from nearly all the exams at certificate level and will have a full year work experience to deduct from my ACA.
The second option would be to complete my level 3 AAT and go onto CFAB, so I can do that in 12 months rather than the 18 months for level 4.
The third option would be for me to complete my level 3 AAT then go straight onto level 7 ACA which would obviously be more challenging completing certificate, professional and advanced in around 3 years.

I do have 3 years practice work experience under my belt and I am currently getting all distinctions in my level 2 exams. I will see how confident I am feeling towards the end of my level 3 AAT but I just wanted to advice from anyone who has taken any of the above routes and what they think would be the best option? I am not trying to rush this but I definitely don't feel like I need to take a long winded route to the ACA.

Hiya there :hi:
Have popped your thread into the Finance and Accountancy forum in Careers :smile:
I hope that this will mean you now get more relevant responses :bump:

Quick Reply

Latest