IT services at Loughborough and what they offer Watch
My colleagues in IT Services just wanted to remind you of what they offer here on campus.
Offering a range of facilities and digital support, IT Services are on-hand to help you through your studies. This includes:
- Software: Students have free access to a range of specialist software for their degree including SPSS and CAD software, on top of free Microsoft Office (installable on up to 5 PCs and 5 tablets)
- PC Clinic: We have a PC Clinic located in the library for easy access to support for your devices and any IT issues. Open during both term and out-of-term periods.
- Wi-Fi: Our wireless network is available across campus, including academic buildings, open areas, and halls. We have recently conducted a £3m upgrade on the wireless network to provide you with a better network connection and service.
- Wired network: A wired network point is available in all on-campus halls, to provide students with a high-speed and reliable internet connection and enables students to connect gaming consoles and other devices to the internet. Free ethernet cables are also available for all students.
- Labs: There are 2200 computers located in IT computer labs across campus to provide easy access to all students. A range of them have 24-hour access, so students always have access to an on-campus computer.
- Printers: Printers are located across campus, in IT Labs and other select locations. Follow-Me printing is available, which enables students to collect printouts from any campus printer, and the service to print from personal devices is also available.
- Data Storage/Office 365/Email: Through Office 365, we are able to offer 1TB of cloud-based storage via OneDrive for Business, which enables seamless sharing of documents. In addition, Office online services allows students to create and edit documents, while we also provide the latest Microsoft Office software, and email through Microsoft Outlook.
- Lynda.com: Free access to Lynda.com, an online learning platform with over 5000 video tutorials and courses to develop creative, software, technology and business skills, including the use of Photoshop and a range of Microsoft software.
You can find out more here: https://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/it/
More about Loughborough University