The Student Room Group

CPR rules

Hi,

I'm studying my final year in uni and I need help paying the remainder of my tuition fees.

I applied for CPR for one of my previous years in 2010/11. SFE have accepted this by now giving me funding for 2011/12 (a year where I didn't get funding) in my old uni instead of the current year 2018/19 in my new uni.

Apparently SFE only awards CPR for the following academic year in which it is applied.

Of course, tuition fees were much less back then and they paid tuition fees I already paid for myself. Before anyone says it, I'm already speaking to my old uni and getting a refund, but this isn't enough.

Is it good advice to appeal this decision?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by 24 Smokes
Hi,

I'm studying my final year in uni and I need help paying the remainder of my tuition fees.

I applied for CPR for one of my previous years in 2010/11. SFE have accepted this by now giving me funding for 2011/12 (a year where I didn't get funding) in my old uni instead of the current year 2018/19 in my new uni.

Apparently SFE only awards CPR for the following academic year in which it is applied.

Of course, tuition fees were much less back then and they paid tuition fees I already paid for myself. Before anyone says it, I'm already speaking to my old uni and getting a refund, but this isn't enough.

Is it good advice to appeal this decision?

Hi there,

We will add any years of CPR awarded to the first available year you require this for. We wouldn't change this.

Thanks, Erin
Reply 2
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi there,

We will add any years of CPR awarded to the first available year you require this for. We wouldn't change this.

Thanks, Erin

When you say "first available year you require this for." you mean the next year my full funding was blocked? Not necessarily the year I actually need it for?
Original post by 24 Smokes
When you say "first available year you require this for." you mean the next year my full funding was blocked? Not necessarily the year I actually need it for?

Hi there,

This would be for the first available academic year where you would not have been awarded the tuition fees.

Regards,
Nihad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending