Ban the use of fossil fuels for energy/transport date

Watch
TensorTympani
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/245708
CO2 emission, primarily from the use of fossil fuels for energy and transport is the biggest cause of global warming. We have around 12 years to make drastic infrastructural, social and political change to prevent climate change. In the transition period we need to fund renewable energy
The report 'Global Warming of 1.5⁰c' by the IPCC, shows overall temperature has already risen by 1⁰c. We need drastic and immediate action to prevent climate change. The only way to achieve this is to ban the use of fossil fuels. A deadline is economically necessary and would allow time for renewable energy projects. It would also allow the UK to be part of multinational renewable energy projects in LEDCs where energy is in increasing demand and can also be transmitted for worldwide energy.
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Dont really think outright banning fossil fuels is the way forward, many working families will be worst affected also partially the reason behind the yellow vest protesters, e.g. those who cant suddenly buy electric cars, and the source of much electricity is fossil fuels, and need to be phased out,
DrMikeHuntHertz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Great Leap Forward 2.0
TensorTympani
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
If we ban it then somehow companies will be forced to convert to renewable sources of enery.
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
Dont really think outright banning fossil fuels is the way forward, many working families will be worst affected also partially the reason behind the yellow vest protesters, e.g. those who cant suddenly buy electric cars, and the source of much electricity is fossil fuels, and need to be phased out,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (700)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (881)
42.66%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.46%

Watched Threads