Revision Watch

Mohammed1411010
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello
I am sitting my first higher exam in under a month -may 2nd- and have been revising for the past 3 weeks (about 2 hours every night) I am now increasing the amount of time I spend throughout the holidays . I am thinking about revising 4 hours on week days and 2 hours on week ends. Is this good amount of hours to spend?
Also should I revise 2 subjects a day or 1 or 4 subjects a day
Thank you
scottishst25
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’d say that sounds like a good goal over the holidays considering you’ve been revising already. I think two subjects a day would probably be best as it will give you a change from just doing one thing for four hours but you wouldn’t be doing so many different things you don’t have enough time for each one.
MadsClare_13
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Mohammed1411010)
Hello
I am sitting my first higher exam in under a month -may 2nd- and have been revising for the past 3 weeks (about 2 hours every night) I am now increasing the amount of time I spend throughout the holidays . I am thinking about revising 4 hours on week days and 2 hours on week ends. Is this good amount of hours to spend?
Thank you
Sounds like a good balance between work and enjoying your holiday. If you’re struggling and not feeling ready then you can always increase the hours a little nearer the time. It completely depends on how you like to study - personally I prefer to study 1 or 2 subjects for longer blocks but whatever works for you!
Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello
Thank you
It really depends on what works best for you, and how prepared you are already...It's difficult to say whether that's enough time to be spending, as what someone can do in an hour might take someone else 3 hours, but those times sound like you're giving yourself a decent break and not overworking yourself. If you're already hitting your target grades, I'd say it sounds like you're doing plenty to maintain, and likely build on, these.
help_me_learn
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I have my first exam on may 2nd as well...for me what I have been doing is 2hrs for one subject and another 2hours for another subject.
I believe you are doing your gcses? I may be wrong
but if your are, of course maths, english, science and other subjects are important as well so what I am aiming to do is read 2-3 pgs of chemistry and physics per day and at least 30min to 1hr of maths (since maths is a subject where you need a lot of practice and less memorising).
to be honest, it all depends on how determined you are and your own preference. so I think you should definitely do 4 subjects per day
hope this helps!
Hello
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (376)
37.49%
No - but I will (76)
7.58%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (480)
47.86%

Watched Threads