The Student Room Group

CyberStart Assessment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Would you mind helping me out with problem
Reply 41
I need some help with number 12, 14 if anyone could give me some guidance please would be appreciated. Thanks
For 12 I wrote a python code to access all the urls at the same time and get print out the correct validation url. Then I just copied and pasted the validation url into a browser and got the correct code.

For 14 I used ghidra’s function graph feature to find and break the infinite “loop”. For this one you need to go over the basics of assembly. But, it’s pretty simple once you know what you are looking at.

Hope that helps. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 43
Thank you very much, that helps a lot
Original post by hortizme
For 12 I wrote a python code to access all the urls at the same time and get print out the correct validation url. Then I just copied and pasted the validation url into a browser and got the correct code.

For 14 I used ghidra’s function graph feature to find and break the infinite “loop”. For this one you need to go over the basics of assembly. But, it’s pretty simple once you know what you are looking at.

Reply 44
If you have Microsoft Office I wouldn’t bother with a python code. They have a program that will work just as well. Use google to figure out which program and how to get the data from all the urls at the same time
Original post by Chancelosaurus
Ghidra decompiles the loop file and produces that C code. What you want to do, however, is make a change to the assembly. I would recommend brushing up on the very basics of assembly commands as you read through the Ghidra-produced assembly code. There is a single change you need to make before you can export and run the file to get the flag.

Did you finish it on a Linux machine or did you figure it all out on a Windows PC?
Original post by hortizme

Did you finish it on a Linux machine or did you figure this all out on a Windows PC?
Reply 47
I downloaded and installed unbuntu on a external drive/thumb drive and used Ghidra that way but know people who did this on windows as well
Reply 48
Hello I have my python program to do this but when it comes to the validation it says that there is no string value provided?? Help I have done everything possible !! My head is spinning !!

Original post by Chancelosaurus
For Challenge 9 - Hextroadinary:
Notice the name of the coder, ROXy. There is a clue hidden in this name for what should be done with the two hexadecimal numbers given to you.

For Challenge 12 - The Final Countdown:
You could write a Python program to collect each of the five three-character codes in the pages corresponding to the listed URLs. Once you have concatenated those codes into a single string, look closely at the URL of the final validation link. What can be done with it, do you think?

For Challenge 14 - Secret Lottery:
I'd recommend installing the NSA's reverse-engineering software called Ghidra. I found it to be very useful for analyzing the 32-bit loop file. Also worth investigating is the basics of assembly.

I wish you luck.
Original post by fifteenthirteen
Did you finish it on a Linux machine or did you figure this all out on a Windows PC?

Both? I used WSL - Ubuntu on an MSI with Windows 10. It’s an app from the store.
Original post by k13h
I am participating in the CyberStart Assess, and I have completed every problem, including the bonus problem (#15). I can give guidance/tips /answers for all of them if you need it.

How do you solve 12, star struck? Please help!
Reply 51
could u help with 6 pls!!!
Spent 3 days trying :/
Reply 52
Original post by Shadowzlie
How do you solve 12, star struck? Please help!

i can help u but i need help with 6 pls :/
Original post by k13h
I am participating in the CyberStart Assess, and I have completed every problem, including the bonus problem (#15). I can give guidance/tips /answers for all of them if you need it.

number 5? Exam Time
Original post by Adi05
i can help u but i need help with 6 pls :/

do you understand 12, and 5 plz help
Original post by Adi05
could u help with 6 pls!!!
Spent 3 days trying :/

I can help with 6 if you can help me with 5
Original post by Anime_ninja
I can help with 6 if you can help me with 5

can help 5 but need 6
Reply 57