Advanced Higher Bio word count Watch

lzm
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I've run out of time/things to say in my advanced higher biology project, and my teacher won't be around until after the deadline to help me. The word count should be between 3000-3500, but I only have 2000. I know the report won't be marked highly, but will a penalty be applied for being below the word count?
hydroxide
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lzm)
I've run out of time/things to say in my advanced higher biology project, and my teacher won't be around until after the deadline to help me. The word count should be between 3000-3500, but I only have 2000. I know the report won't be marked highly, but will a penalty be applied for being below the word count?
there won't be an actual penalty for being below the word count but it may mean that you are not going into enough detail/depth required for some sections. go through your project and see if there are things you can add, e.g. you can always add something in the underlying biology section! i'm amazed you are under the word count, when I did my project I was way over and had to cut down insane amounts.
Relentas
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lzm)
What's the project on? We can maybe brainstorm ideas for you.
I imagine your evaluation and introduction would be quite short. Also, your method should be detailed enough that someone can follow it.
lzm
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
thanks for the input, but it had to be handed in today it doesn't matter too much in the long run as I have already firmly accepted an unconditional offer to uni, but my teacher had promised to help me out and missed every meeting she arranged for us so I completed the report with virtually no guidance.
again thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (376)
37.49%
No - but I will (76)
7.58%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (480)
47.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed