The Student Room Group

Regret popping my cherry

I’ve grown up in a Muslim family where pooping your cherry is seen as losing your virginity. I’ve always told myself that I’m gonna keep my virginity till marriage. I have a boyfriend and we’ve been dating for 7 months . I’ve been extremely sexual with him and no , he hasn’t forced me into it , it’s mutual . I’ve given him head , and today I got fingered . He popped my cherry and at first I was really happy because it felt nice but after I saw the blood I started feeling so so Guilty and realised I disappointed my family and they don’t even know . Say if I don’t end up marrying my bf and I wanna marry a religious Muslim man but my cherry has already been popped then what happens :frown:. I feel so so guilty. We haven’t had sex and I’m a virgin but I still feel so sad . Please advice me.
unless you tell anyone... no one will know. If you don't marry this guy, the next guy wouldn't know whether you have done anything or not unless you tell him.
Ones hymen can get broken through all sorts of normal activity including exercise and horse riding. There's no way to tell if you don't tell them. More to the point would you really want to be with someone that's going to think less of you because you acted as a human being when you were younger.

I suppose you need to weigh up what you want. If my options were between a loving partner now or an unknown fantasy element in the future I'd go for the former (this doesn't mean that you need to jump into bed with him).

I'd also talk to your family about how you are feeling, if they don't care or are not open to this... then frankly I'm not sure I'd worry too much about 'letting them down'. Make safe and sensible decisions and forgive yourself when you make a mistake.

You're only human and have nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest