username2427341
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey, so I'm really good at waffling in essays, I do two essay based subjects Sociology and Philosophy. I don't waffle in philosophy but I seemed to for sociology because theirs so much to write. How do I write short paragraphs without losing marks? Could you give an example? (Doesn't have to be from sociology altho that would help
normanis
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think the main thing for sociology is just making sure everything you’re saying is relevant to the question, it’s easy to waffle. I think you just have to practice writing the essays and making sure you’re fully explaining sociological concepts for the question, if you’ve written anything other than concepts, examples and supporting studies then it’s probably waffle.
Pigster
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd use a pen?

You seem to have the spelling nailed.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Keep asking yourself, is this relevant to the question? I've gotten full marks on 25-mark history essays just by writing two sides of A4. You need to be able to tell when you're writing something irrelevant. You also should have faith that what you've explained is enough - you don't need to use every bit of evidence under the sun to prove your point, it's not a thesis.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (126)
41.72%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (34)
11.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (23)
7.62%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
22.19%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (33)
10.93%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.29%

Watched Threads