The Student Room Group

Personal Statement for Transferring University

Hey I'm transferring University from Aberdeen to Portsmouth for personal reasons. I'm currently writing a UCAS statement again and I'm just wondering what I should write for my personal statement? Should I talk about my reasons for transferring? My reasons for choosing portsmouth? And my studies and activities at aberdeen which would help me at Portsmouth?
I have the fact I'm transferring for personal reasons written in my reference but would it help reiterating it?

I don't have my old statement as it was nearly three years ago i applied!
Reply 1
cappielowking
Hey I'm transferring University from Aberdeen to Portsmouth for personal reasons. I'm currently writing a UCAS statement again and I'm just wondering what I should write for my personal statement?

You should write the same kind of stuff that you wrote for your original personal statement.

Should I talk about my reasons for transferring?

Don't bang on about it for the entire personal statement, but it might be a good idea to briefly explain why you are leaving Aberdeen. I wrote about my reasons in the first couple of sentences, and then moved on to talk about the subject.

My reasons for choosing portsmouth? And my studies and activities at aberdeen which would help me at Portsmouth?

Yes, and yes.

I have the fact I'm transferring for personal reasons written in my reference but would it help reiterating it?

If it's already in your reference, then there's no need to talk about it at length. I would still mention it, though.
Don't forget that you can post your draft up in the Ask a PS Helper seciton of this forum and somebody will be able to take a look at it for you.
Reply 2
I'm transferring too but my situation is a little bit complex. I'm trying to transfer to another medical school for two reasons:

1) make my application more competitive for residency
2) the school which I attend to now (in Mexico) is corrupt, unstable and unreliable. And I would like to graduate from a medical school I can be proud of and trust their support system.

The second reason is just as honest as the first reason. The reason why I am considering the second reason in my personal statement for transferring is because my school in Mexico has failed to meet requirements for the U.S. board of education which has left hundreds of U.S. medical students without loans and no money for this semester (it has been on the news and has caused great chaos). Additionally, the school I am applying to knows about this situation to it's fullest extent. So I'm afraid if I don't mention this I will seem a bit ...I don't know..deceitful? I don't know. But if I do mention it will I seem like I'm complaining? I just want to be honest. Please help!

Thank you in advance!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by saywhatnow56
STFU *****

Why?

Latest

Trending

Trending