Ccea as level exams 2019 Watch

Vet Student 2020
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Any predictions for chem practical or english lit streetcar and heaney and Frost?
LiyoS
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My predictions for english Literature are the same every single year - that if you do the work, learn your texts, learn your quotes, and do practice past papers then you will ace the exam. If you spend your time speculating on what might come up, you are wasting it.
Vet Student 2020
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I understand that and I genuinely do work very hard as I usually am prepared for anything when it comes to mocks but for poetry you cannot revise each poem individually in both my, my peers and teachers opinion; you need to be able to come up with pairings and do essay plans for them, even to practice your comparing and contrasting/ essay writing skills. So if anybody has any suggestions for links for Heaney and Frost it would be really helpful 😀
(Original post by LiyoS)
My predictions for english Literature are the same every single year - that if you do the work, learn your texts, learn your quotes, and do practice past papers then you will ace the exam. If you spend your time speculating on what might come up, you are wasting it.
CoolR
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey I’ve found the thread
ccea100
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Predictions for CCEA AS geography? AS politics? AS religion - ethics?
Vet Student 2020
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi how are people feeling about AS Chem practical tomorrow?
CoolR
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nervous enough but I feel like it is one of those things which you can’t really prepare for

(Original post by Vet Student 2020)
Hi how are people feeling about AS Chem practical tomorrow?
shailivr
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Any predictions for chem practical or english lit streetcar and heaney and Frost?
Streetcar as in a streetcar named desire by Tennessee Williams ???
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
CoolR
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How did everyone find Chem practical. I found it incredibly weird and was kinda unsure of some observations but onwards and upwards!!!
Vet Student 2020
Rep:
?
(Original post by shailivr)
Streetcar as in a streetcar named desire by Tennessee Williams ???
Yeah sorry for not making it clear 😊
Vet Student 2020
Rep:
?
I found it ok for time but yeah some observations were a bit unpredictable and I was unsure about exact colour changes (you know with hyphens and stuff) but at least it is 1 done! Are you doing bio tomorrow? I am (P.S I was ccea gcse 2018 last year we talked on here quite a lot but I changed my name on student room because Im not doing gcses anymore and I decided I want to be a vet)
(Original post by CoolR)
How did everyone find Chem practical. I found it incredibly weird and was kinda unsure of some observations but onwards and upwards!!!
shailivr
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
our English teacher Mrs Omaileey is obsessed with streetcar. We're writing about if for our Higher English exam next week we've watched 2 movies on it too. Most of our year was reading it. I honestly don't like it.
Yeah sorry for not making it clear 😊
Vet Student 2020
Rep:
?
We are doing it for AS english lit and our teacher and most of our class like it. I dont love it because I dont like or feel like I cant relate to any of the characters but I can appreciate all the methods, motifs and symbolism in it; it definitely is cleverly written but I just dont really like the story
(Original post by shailivr)
our English teacher Mrs Omaileey is obsessed with streetcar. We're writing about if for our Higher English exam next week we've watched 2 movies on it too. Most of our year was reading it. I honestly don't like it.
allenpc
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I found it ok for time but yeah some observations were a bit unpredictable and I was unsure about exact colour changes (you know with hyphens and stuff) but at least it is 1 done! Are you doing bio tomorrow? I am (P.S I was ccea gcse 2018 last year we talked on here quite a lot but I changed my name on student room because Im not doing gcses anymore and I decided I want to be a vet)
I remember you from last year's GCSE thread!
allenpc
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CoolR)
I said effervescense for a lot of my observations. Also the only kind of precipitate that came up was white I believe. But overall it wasn't too bad.
CoolR
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by allenpc)
I said effervescense for a lot of my observations. Also the only kind of precipitate that came up was white I believe. But overall it wasn't too bad.
That was exactly the same as me haha!! Did your splint go out - everyone else’s seemed to but mine didnt😒
CoolR
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes bio tomorrow - any predictions!!
allenpc
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CoolR)
That was exactly the same as me haha!! Did your splint go out - everyone else’s seemed to but mine didnt😒
Yeah, mine did. My filtration took a while so as more filtrate was being produced I just took some of the residue anyway even though the filtrate wasn't completely through and everything after seemed to work fine.

I thought I was doing something wrong when you had to use warm water and stirring to make a solution of W if I remember correctly. I'm not sure if it was meant to become colourless at some point or stay white-ish.

What did you write as your observation then for the splint? Just nothing happened? Also you doing Physics this Friday?
John Bro.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I didn’t say effervescence at all in my paper and instead said fizzing? Would I still get the mark or are they different?
BordLife
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by allenpc)
Yeah, mine did. My filtration took a while so as more filtrate was being produced I just took some of the residue anyway even though the filtrate wasn't completely through and everything after seemed to work fine.

I thought I was doing something wrong when you had to use warm water and stirring to make a solution of W if I remember correctly. I'm not sure if it was meant to become colourless at some point or stay white-ish.

What did you write as your observation then for the splint? Just nothing happened? Also you doing Physics this Friday?
I just said that the lit splint was extinguished. I feel like half the paper tbh was just writing down effervescence/bubbles/fizzing lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (202)
22.65%
The paper was reasonable (404)
45.29%
Not feeling great about that exam... (167)
18.72%
It was TERRIBLE (119)
13.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise