The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Music (9-1)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
39 for a 7, 50 for an 8 and 62 for a 9!
This is going off last years grade boundaries btw :smile: good luck for tomorrow!!
Original post by ArtemisMoon101
hi guys i got 45/60 on my composition and 60/60 for my peformance. sorry to bother but can anyone tell me how many marks i need to get for the theory to get a grade 7, grade 8 and grade 9?
All the best!
thank you so much! hope you do great 2!!
Original post by equigz
39 for a 7, 50 for an 8 and 62 for a 9!
This is going off last years grade boundaries btw :smile: good luck for tomorrow!!
That unseen in the essay smh. Why release?
Reply 44
hahah yeah the Punjabi MC song 😂😂
Original post by tpottage
That unseen in the essay smh. Why release?
OMG!! That essay was so hard! Panjabi MC and Release - edexcel couldn't have been any more mean!!! How did everyone else find it?
Music technology is a bit unfair, and they never told us what the instruments were... I just hope I got enough marks in section A for a good grade...
Original post by Ell:)
fusions are the worst

It's a shame the essay question was on fusions...
Who thinks the grade boundaries will be lower because of that last question...?
Reply 48
Who else had to try so hard not to laugh then😂
ME! I love release, but that punjabi piece was wierd! its like stereotypical indian music :smile:

Original post by JLH_03
Original post by JLH_03

Me! honestly was so funny when it came on :biggrin:
What was the unfamiliar piece called, the baroque one?
Reply 52
I actually laughed and the guy next to me also laughed. Even the invigilator gave a cheeky smile when that banger blasted out of the speakers 😂😂😂
found it okay but literally had no clue about the panjabi one, seems a bit unfair as it’s not related to the set works but a lot of people knew it
I liked the last question tbh...hated dictation:frown: think that went kinda bad but we will see
Did anyone else get f major for the chord
Original post by JessicaMolly1234
Did anyone else get f major for the chord

i did and perfect for all the cadences
Anyone else find section A really hard? I think I got dictation right but fluffed up the rest of it. I got 97/120 on coursework and I'm quite disappointed. I want an 8 overall but think I've got a 7
had to do that fake cough to cover it up😭😭😭😂😂
Original post by JLH_03
Reply 59
I got perfect for the first but i think the second was plagal tbh, it had a weird churchy kind of feeling about it, idk

Original post by alannah66
i did and perfect for all the cadences

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending