The Student Room Group

Has any show/movie made you cry?

I recently finished watching an anime called 'Clannad: After Story' and it was the first show that ever made me cry.
Has any show had the same effect on you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by MWills99
I recently finished watching an anime called 'Clannad: After Story' and it was the first show that ever made me cry.
Has any show had the same effect on you?

I still need to watch that with my gf (it's in our list) 😯

I don't full on cry but it's very easy for my eyes to water(super sensitive?) so pretty much any movie with characters with emotional attachments between each other or super epic moments cause my eyes to water and tear :laugh:

Recently funny enough monster Inc was on in the background and the scene where sully has to leave boo may have caused some water :redface:
I cried at the royal a couple of times when it was on
Reply 3
Lol I’ve cried in more movies and shows than I can count. Stand by me always get me
(edited 5 years ago)
nah not really :indiff:

hmm maybe im wrong. lemme think...honestly when i was younger i did cry to a handful of things. but looking back they were all ridiculous. like if a person from big brother who i liked got evicted (or stayed and shed tears of joy). I'd never cry over that nowadays?! :rofl: or ...Titanic like..no. I used to shed a tear thats about it. :indiff: cant think of anything else...most movies are shite or missing something so i cant cry.
(edited 5 years ago)
This doesn't happen to me often.

The last one that made me cry was The Red Turtle and the darn movie doesn't even have dialogues :cry:
Plague dogs, war horse and kajaki
Original post by batter mix
This doesn't happen to me often.

The last one that made me cry was The Red Turtle and the darn movie doesn't even have dialogues :cry:

LOL never heard of red turtle but it sounds..like a kid's cartoon? :rofl:

i did cry over a cartoon actually, about 10 years ago haha. called The Illusionist 2010. When they sent their pet bunny to the park to live free because they couldn't afford their home...:bunny:
Original post by Bang Outta Order
LOL never heard of red turtle but it sounds..like a kid's cartoon? :rofl:

i did cry over a cartoon actually, about 10 years ago haha. called The Illusionist 2010. When they sent their pet bunny to the park to live free because they couldn't afford their home...:bunny:

It's by a dutch director so my dad really wanted me to watch it :lol: (It was nominated for an academy too!)

Awwiieee!! :hugs:
Reply 9
Hachi made me cry a lot. Nothing's ever come close to that for me.
It's by a dutch director so my dad really wanted me to watch it :lol: (It was nominated for an academy too!)

Awwiieee!! :hugs:

no lie it was probably the saddest thing i've ever seen in a fiction show/film..poor bunny...
i also cried like MAD over something on bbc, some animal programme lol. the baby bull was abandoned by the mama and papa bull :rofl: and it was so the bull can learn to find its way through the jungle on its own you know. and the mama and papa bull kept stopping to walk and to look back. then the papa bull walked, so the mama bull walked, but she kept looking, and the baby bull tried to keep up with them but couldn't and got left. the bloody narrator laid it on thick like "if the bull doesn't find its way, it will never see its family again." like wtf mate thanks :rofl: but then..he did :cry2: and the mama bull like rubbed her neck on the baby bull's neck i was like oh **** mang literally was bawling but i was laughing at myself too cos everyone thought i was mental :rofl:
grey's anatomy made me cry more times than I'd like to admit
Home
no lie it was probably the saddest thing i've ever seen in a fiction show/film..poor bunny...
i also cried like MAD over something on bbc, some animal programme lol. the baby bull was abandoned by the mama and papa bull :rofl: and it was so the bull can learn to find its way through the jungle on its own you know. and the mama and papa bull kept stopping to walk and to look back. then the papa bull walked, so the mama bull walked, but she kept looking, and the baby bull tried to keep up with them but couldn't and got left. the bloody narrator laid it on thick like "if the bull doesn't find its way, it will never see its family again." like wtf mate thanks :rofl: but then..he did :cry2: and the mama bull like rubbed her neck on the baby bull's neck i was like oh **** mang literally was bawling but i was laughing at myself too cos everyone thought i was mental :rofl:

That's actually the saddest thing I have read this year and I have read some emo sh*t too :cry:
Why must nature be so cruel? :cry2:

ngl, the fact still remains that you cried watching BBC :rofl3:
That's actually the saddest thing I have read this year and I have read some emo sh*t too :cry:
Why must nature be so cruel? :cry2:

ngl, the fact still remains that you cried watching BBC :rofl3:

tbf i think the crew must have prodded the baby along because how on earth can they release an episode where a baby bull was killed right? :rofl: animal rights groups would be on them so hard.
tbf i think the crew must have prodded the baby along because how on earth can they release an episode where a baby bull was killed right? :rofl: animal rights groups would be on them so hard.

I was gonna say that it was most probably scripted (with some aspects of nature ofc) but you seemed so invested in it, didn't wanna break your heart again :innocent:
So many have made me cry.

I generally don't cry at anything "real" though. Just media.
Way too many things make me cry. Most recently it was the first episode of the new season of Jane the Virgin.
Clannad AS is so savage nothing has ever made me cry like that
I was gonna say that it was most probably scripted (with some aspects of nature ofc) but you seemed so invested in it, didn't wanna break your heart again :innocent:

lol you evil little creature! :eek: hehe. nah it would still make me cry though, because without the film crew, it prob wouldnt make it ...and if it does..epic as ****. a movie. lol.

Quick Reply

Latest