muslim girls- how do you avoid guys hitting on you, being close/touching you at uni Watch

mgi
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by verycoolperson)
SALAM
MY advice is to AVOID all maLE interactions, dress AND ACT as modestly as possible and get married
You are joking of course, right?
Anonymous #4
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by mgi)
But that,of course, is not what i was talking about. You just gave 2 extreme examples. The point i was making is that the person who wrote the post we are referring to sounded sanctimonious and judgemental! If you don't like being touched- say so and if it continues then report it! and what sort of " people you don't like" is he referring to? the drinkers, those ,like many Muslim men who have sex before marriage and keep it secret, or who are gay etc. etc.,those that don't follow Islam. Its far better , simpler and more humane, in my view,to be non judgemental!
to an extent, we all naturally judge people. religious or atheist, we have our own morals/principles and when we meet people who totally go against that we all feel uncomfortable being in their presence and want to get out. the person who wrote this thread has a similar feeling... her principle is that she doesn't want to get into a relationship yet guys are chasing her, best possible advice would be to stay away, correct? it would be stupid to stay in that situation and only deal with it after the act has occurred.

integration is healthy but everyone has a line and from this person's description, it seems like the guy jumped over her line.

personally, im a muslim, and i feel very uncomfortable hanging around with people who are muslim only in name. the vibe isn't nice and everyone knows the saying 'you become the people who you hang around with', so i stay away. it doesn't mean i'm morally superior as i'm not saying i'm better than them nor am i telling them to be like me instead i let them do them and i stay away.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
oh dear, im sorry how embarrasing my entire comment was written with me thinking you were a girl..sorry! but nevertheless thank you again, yeah i won't let that single factor deter me from applying there, however i do often wonder, having never experienced living in london/in a more ethnically diverse area surrounded by many muslims and other like minded people- whether i would prefer going there for the experience! i'm currently looking at both kings and ucl, i think i'll start another thread about how easy it is to make friends for students at London Universities in general as i've heard its harder because the majority of students commute and so leave after their lectures/dont hang about etc.
Anonymous #1
hey, what do you mean? im reading it now tbf and it sounds so pretentious idk what came over me when i wrote that lol i just wanted you to get a gauge of my character, im not frigid and quiet but im not THAT open like i still have my morals and principles ive just never had to put them into practice and kinda stop people stepping over my line if you know what i mean- because i go to a girls school and have never experienced anything like it. I'd hate to have to change up my whole personality just to go to uni and give guys the impression that im not interested right off the off but like the other guy said i just have to 'play the game right'...just gonna have to learn how to do that i guess..
Anonymous #8
Report 6 days ago
You never set boundaries and he carried on doing it. That was the problem.

It's like you said, he instigated it, you didn't like it but were just trying to be nice back and so it went on.

Don't be nice, say no and tell him to move. Sounds harsh but literally be harsher with men if you dislike their actions cos otherwise you being nice = green light.
Anonymous #1
hey lol so basically i know i should tell them to stop but how do i physically say to someone who just nudged me/touched my shoulder seemingly without thinking too much of it, in action to stop?
I feel so pathetic asking this i feel like everyone just knows and im just dumb.
(Original post by Jenx301)
If you dont want someone to touch you then tell them to stopl. If they don't then they are dicks and you should report them to the uni
BLACKPINKK
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
i don’t mind and don’t care and like it
Anonymous #8
Report 6 days ago
Also if you find it hard to say it to them then maybe think about girl only groups as you have done in your school.
Anonymous #1
are you a muslim?
(Original post by BLACKPINKK)
i don’t mind and don’t care and like it
BLACKPINKK
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
sorta
(Original post by Anonymous)
are you a muslim?
Anonymous #8
Report 6 days ago
sorta
bro its a yes or no question
BLACKPINKK
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
bro its a yes or no question
No, it is NOT
Anonymous #8
Report 6 days ago
No, it is NOT
Either you're muslim or you're NOT.

How hard is it to answer that.
mgi
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
hey lol so basically i know i should tell them to stop but how do i physically say to someone who just nudged me/touched my shoulder seemingly without thinking too much of it, in action to stop?
I feel so pathetic asking this i feel like everyone just knows and im just dumb.
This thread is really over the top. A guy bumps into you/touches you accidentally just like when you are in a busy shopping centre, right? what is the big deal- one or both of you say sorry and move on ! Easy! If it is unwanted touching, whether you are a muslim or an atheist - you open your mouth and tell them to stop.Ok? I think you may have a quite distorted view of uni life especially if you hsve never lived away from your parents. A more pressing problem for you apart from getting the entry grades is to figure out what can be done to reduce the e amount of loneliness that some uni students can feel and how to integrate without changing your principles!
Mustafa0605
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by mgi)
This thread is really over the top. A guy bumps into you/touches you accidentally just like when you are in a busy shopping centre, right? what is the big deal- one or both of you say sorry and move on ! Easy! If it is unwanted touching, whether you are a muslim or an atheist - you open your mouth and tell them to stop.Ok? I think you may have a quite distorted view of uni life especially if you hsve never lived away from your parents. A more pressing problem for you apart from getting the entry grades is to figure out what can be done to reduce the e amount of loneliness that some uni students can feel and how to integrate without changing your principles!
No if you read what she said, the guy was repeatedly touching her on purpose and trying to get close to her- clearly hitting on the girl. That is what she’s worried about. I personally don’t think it’s a problem at university, but that is the experience she had at a university summer school.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
verycoolperson
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Either you're muslim or you're NOT.

How hard is it to answer that.
hahashahaha
HumanBrian
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Wearing a backpack thats ticking loudly does the trick
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.66%
No - but I will (46)
6.69%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (325)
47.24%

Watched Threads