Feel like I'm being stalked at uni Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I feel like people in uni give me more attention and are intruding by wanting to know who I am. What can I do
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I feel like people in uni give me more attention and are intruding by wanting to know who I am. What can I do
If people are just starting conversations with you and being friendly, I don't think it is a big problem. Are you not wanting to be open with people about who you are and making friends?
Hopefully1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Are you a fresher? Do you live in uni accommodations where lots of students are milling about?

I think the most people actually, especially when they still new at uni, are simply looking to make a connection. You read on TSR about loads of uni students who are trying to find friends and connections and feel lonely. I feel certain that these people that you feel are acting stalkersish are really just seeking a friendship. Perhaps they think you are already friends! If you are experiencing too much interaction then using a kind tone set limits and boundaries for yourself. Let them know that there are times you just prefer to be alone and that it nothing personal. Respectfully tell them that there is some information you're not comfortable sharing. I am sure they are not actually trying to interfere in your life and what feels like stalking to you is their just trying to show interest in you as a person/friend.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads