The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

why do good girls like bad guys? I've had this question for a really long time.
Because they're more attractive than you, welcome to the jungle, kevin
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
As above.

Oh look, another salty 'nice guy'.
K first off not all girls, just some & most the time it’s cause they are more cocky/confident so will make the first moves and complement etc
Bad boys and good men are not opposites, despite the word choice.

The bad boy is an archetype. I'd describe it but surely you can picture it in your head. Meanwhile when a woman complains about a lack of good men it doesn't mean a woman wants a nice guy - she is looking a suitable partner. Someone who fits the bad boy archetype can still be considered one of the good men in this sense.
(edited 5 years ago)
You're exactly right. And a lot of the responses above seem to ignore the harsh realities of life in 2019 but let me tell you.

So it's fine if you want a "bad boy", but then remember: these people are 'bad boys' for a reason, and they will do almost anything to 'fit in' with their desired friends circles etc. They are also likely to be obsessed with obtaining expensive possessions (e.g clothes, shoes, cars) and may engage in criminal activities to do so. Either that or they will get themselves into a lot of debt while not earning a lot - none of that is a good foundation for a healthy relationship.

And with knife crime on the rise, which is a direct result of people trying to outdo each other in this nonsensical "bad boy" game, you don't want to get caught up in the crossfire where e.g you develop feelings for a person and they get attacked, or where you get caught up in gang-related crossfire.

IMO it's better to have a genuine person who knows right from wrong and will never risk anything that could put your/their life in danger, but also someone who is resilient, strong and won't ever be a pushover either.

But my fellow females, it's your call, of course. And I'd hate to say "I told you so" so be careful and choose wisely.
Reply 7
Because the adrenaline rush this sort of relationship provokes is sexy. There is something about untamed wildness which is attractive. I had a gf like this and was intrigued and wondered if I might be able to handle it.. I couldn't
Original post by waxdoll19
You're exactly right. And a lot of the responses above seem to ignore the harsh realities of life in 2019 but let me tell you.

So it's fine if you want a "bad boy", but then remember: these people are 'bad boys' for a reason, and they will do almost anything to 'fit in' with their desired friends circles etc. They are also likely to be obsessed with obtaining expensive possessions (e.g clothes, shoes, cars) and may engage in criminal activities to do so. Either that or they will get themselves into a lot of debt while not earning a lot - none of that is a good foundation for a healthy relationship.

And with knife crime on the rise, which is a direct result of people trying to outdo each other in this nonsensical "bad boy" game, you don't want to get caught up in the crossfire where e.g you develop feelings for a person and they get attacked, or where you get caught up in gang-related crossfire.

IMO it's better to have a genuine person who knows right from wrong and will never risk anything that could put your/their life in danger, but also someone who is resilient, strong and won't ever be a pushover either.

But my fellow females, it's your call, of course. And I'd hate to say "I told you so" so be careful and choose wisely.

While I can see why people may have something against this post.
She’s right. These days, girls should know that bad boys are only gonna cause trouble.
If you want a healthy relationship, you need to know that bad boys are likely not gonna be that.
With a lot of gang crime and gangs being popular, is being with a bad boy really worth it?
Reply 9
Original post by Professional G
She’s right. These days, girls should know that bad boys are only gonna cause trouble.
If you want a healthy relationship, you need to know that bad boys are likely not gonna be that.
With a lot of gang crime and gangs being popular, is being with a bad boy really worth it?

Lol, a 'bad boy' doesn't always mean some ghetto thug 😂 You can have a lawyer bad boy, or a doctor bad boy, it's not about that.
They think they can change them
Original post by Ciel.
Lol, a 'bad boy' doesn't always mean some ghetto thug 😂 You can have a lawyer bad boy, or a doctor bad boy, it's not about that.

Depends on the area. Around my area, bad boys usually end up in gangs.
girls don't love bad-boys.. they love boys who are confident, funny, socially capable, good looking, exciting, and who treat them as equals.

Any 'nice-guy' who also displays all of those traits will never have a problem finding girls... it just seems to be that most 'nice-guys' fail at the majority of the above, while most bad boys are great at all of them.

Obviously when it comes to relationships there is far more to it - hence why most bad-boy/girl relationships end up failing.. but just for dating? bad boys on average have far more of what a girl wants. 'nice-guys' as long as they aren't socially useless, will find girls eventually. As most girls hit their mid-late 20s, and they are looking for a husband, rather than a boyfriend.. the 'nice-guys' stock rises.. (These relationships are often doomed though, because if it doesn't start with at least a bit of passion, then its going to wear thin quickly)
Original post by Anonymous
As above.

Nice guy:

Predictable
Unadventurous
Harmless
Boring
Sensitive

Bad boy:

Spontaneous
Charismatic
Edge
Emotionally secure

The vast majority of people are nice and very few are ‘bad boys’.
“Bad boys” are not outright criminals they could be abusive, arrogant, manipulative men.
Original post by ALYAMAANI
Nice guy:

Predictable
Unadventurous
Harmless
Boring
Sensitive

Bad boy:

Spontaneous
Charismatic
Edge
Emotionally secure

The vast majority of people are nice and very few are ‘bad boys’.

Why not find a guy who is in the Middle then?

Original post by NataliePolygon
“Bad boys” are not outright criminals they could be abusive, arrogant, manipulative men.

Those still aren’t desirable qualities. Bad boys shouldn’t be manipulative or abusive at all.
it is what makes them 'bad'. such men don’t usually show this side of their personality to a woman or man they want to attract. They are predators, their purpose is to attract potential “prey”, not to scare it off. Abusers and manipulators don’t appear as such until the “prey” has fallen into the trap. So, we cannot say that women are attracted to the abusers or manipulators as such. Women are attracted to the personality they want to show.

Those still aren’t desirable qualities. Bad boys shouldn’t be manipulative or abusive at all.
(edited 5 years ago)
not all girls
Original post by NataliePolygon
it is what makes them 'bad'. such men don’t usually show this side of their personality to a woman they want to attract. They are predators, their purpose is to attract potential “prey”, not to scare it off. Abusers and manipulators don’t appear as such until the “prey” has fallen into the trap. So, we cannot say that women are attracted to the abusers or manipulators as such. Women are attracted to the personality they want to show.

Yeah it is what makes them bad. Its such a sad case. They get hurt and feel like trash because they get manipulated by the guy who they trusted.
Pretty much a risk of getting with any guy since they aren’t sure what their true colours are.
Reply 19

Bad boys can be extremely charming. At first, their manipulation doesn't even feel like manipulation. You think they are just a bit possessive because that's how much they want you. You think that they just care about your decisions and influence them not because they want to control you but because they want what's best for you. You actually find it flattering.

Latest

Trending

Trending