dubaistudent123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I'm trying to analyze the Poem "The Prelude" by William Wordsworth and I found a quote I was to remember for my exam but I have no idea what to say about it!! Can anyone help? Its : "The horizon's bound, a huge peak, black and huge." Its said when a the speaker sees a mountain emerge from the horizon and is feeling afraid.
Grace_Shaw
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi! I was just looking at the same poem. I think that for this quote, it shows the reader the turning point of the poem. This is because it makes the reader feel like they are reading a completely different poem as the start is all about a relaxing atmosphere that is all silent, which is suddenly changed to a poem that is all changed to power. The "huge peak" could also be showing that it is a "sublime" experience which is then carried on throughout the poem. The tone also changes from relaxed to ominous and scary.

hope this helps!
(Original post by dubaistudent123)
So I'm trying to analyze the Poem "The Prelude" by William Wordsworth and I found a quote I was to remember for my exam but I have no idea what to say about it!! Can anyone help? Its : "The horizon's bound, a huge peak, black and huge." Its said when a the speaker sees a mountain emerge from the horizon and is feeling afraid.
dubaistudent123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you so much!!
(Original post by Grace_Shaw)
Hi! I was just looking at the same poem. I think that for this quote, it shows the reader the turning point of the poem. This is because it makes the reader feel like they are reading a completely different poem as the start is all about a relaxing atmosphere that is all silent, which is suddenly changed to a poem that is all changed to power. The "huge peak" could also be showing that it is a "sublime" experience which is then carried on throughout the poem. The tone also changes from relaxed to ominous and scary.

hope this helps!
Grace_Shaw
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You’re welcome :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (60)
40.82%
Take autumn exams (53)
36.05%
Look for a job (3)
2.04%
Consider an apprenticeship (4)
2.72%
Take a year out (19)
12.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
5.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed