Diversity at Harper Adams Watch

JBlack23
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How diverse is Harper Adams university in terms of LGBT people, people from different racial and economic backgrounds etc? I am very keen to do their course but I'm worried about being at such a rural uni with only a certain type of person. Don't get me wrong, I can get on alright with these kinds of people but I don't want to be the only gay in the village! Having had trouble with alcohol in the past I've also quit drinking, and it seems that a lot of the Harper Adams culture is about drinking- again, no problem with that but it doesn't work for me. Has anyone got experience of being at Harper-Adams while not fitting the mould? Thanks, and no offence meant.
Thehighwarlock
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there! I'm a student ambassador at Harper Adams. I would not worry at all about the LGBT scene, there is quite a well established society that makes sure you will have a community.I know what you mean about the drinking, but there are options if you aren't keen. For example, gaming society is known for not drinking and having a great, chilled out atmosphere. The su also put on movie nights occasionally!I'm from a city background, and whilst there are a lot of people from rural backgrounds, it's definitely not limited to just farmers. I'd suggest coming to an offer holder day and checking things out as well as talking to some students about what you think!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Harper Adams University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
    Sun, 17 Nov '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.52%
The paper was reasonable (390)
45.99%
Not feeling great about that exam... (157)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (110)
12.97%

Watched Threads