username2427341
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I do psychology, sociology and philosophy and I'm particularly concerned about psychology because I keep forgetting information after a week. There's like 11 topics in Psychology, is it best to revise one a day? Or can I do 2 in a day, but like half of each topics?
Habib-Reh2
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do 1 topic a day, then do past paper Qs on that topic the same day, then the corrections and missed keywords of your past paper Qs write them in your notes, then move onto the next topic, after you have done all that recap your notes with your mistakes and keywords in it, smartest way to revise...
(Original post by *Alisha*)
Hi, I do psychology, sociology and philosophy and I'm particularly concerned about psychology because I keep forgetting information after a week. There's like 11 topics in Psychology, is it best to revise one a day? Or can I do 2 in a day, but like half of each topics?
username2427341
Rep:
?
(Original post by usermeme1112)
Do 1 topic a day, then do past paper Qs on that topic the same day, then the corrections and missed keywords of your past paper Qs write them in your notes, then move onto the next topic, after you have done all that recap your notes with your mistakes and keywords in it, smartest way to revise...
Do you think it's possible to revise one topic in one day? psychology is content heavy and I do need to review my other subjects. Should I revise the whole topic or just do half?
Last edited by username2427341; 1 year ago
Habib-Reh2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well from doing psychology in first year i have to agree it has almost as much content as Biology and i can't even recap 1 bio topic per day due to its sheer content of continuosly remmemberring other topics, unless your super clever which I'm not then you could, but if it was me it wud take me atleast 3 days to recap the topic including doin past papers aswell, because if your recapping it shouldnt take a while but retaining the info from cramming a topic in a day is difficult in my opinion, but past papers is Key.
Do you think it's possible to revise one topic in one day? psychology is content heavy and I do need to review my other subjects
username2427341
Rep:
?
Well from doing psychology in first year i have to agree it has almost as much content as Biology and i can't even recap 1 bio topic per day due to its sheer content of continuosly remmemberring other topics, unless your super clever which I'm not then you could, but if it was me it wud take me atleast 3 days to recap the topic including doin past papers aswell, because if your recapping it shouldnt take a while but retaining the info from cramming a topic in a day is difficult in my opinion, but past papers is Key.
Thank you for the advice, yes I guess it's better to just take your time on one topic. So I might do a topic a day, or I might just do 2 topics But half of each topic and then test myself. I will spend more time on topics I struggle with.
Habib-Reh2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you for the advice, yes I guess it's better to just take your time on one topic. So I might do a topic a day, or I might just do 2 topics But half of each topic and then test myself. I will spend more time on topics I struggle with.
Yes, that's perfect good luck !!
username2427341
Rep:
?
Yes, that's perfect good luck !!
Thanks, just found out my mock grade for Psychology and I got an A*. I really shoudnt be worrying, but you never know, the real exam might be surprisingly difficult so I want to make sure I'm extra prepared and do more past paper questions. Goodluck with your studies as well! I'm guessing you're in year 13 as well? what other a levels are you doing apart from Biolology?
Habib-Reh2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thats really good!! Yeah, you've got nothing to worry about just work on exam technique now!! AND unfortunately, I do Chemistry and History Alongside Biology.
Thanks, just found out my mock grade for Psychology and I got an A*. I really shoudnt be worrying, but you never know, the real exam might be surprisingly difficult so I want to make sure I'm extra prepared and do more past paper questions. Goodluck with your studies as well! I'm guessing you're in year 13 as well? what other a levels are you doing apart from Biolology?
Noodlelover
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Woahhh congrats!! I'm aiming for a high A grade for psychology (year 12) with two weeks to cover all content. Considering you got an A* you must be very effective with your psychology revision. Do you have any tips on remembering content or like essay plans ?Thanks
username2427341
Rep:
?
(Original post by Noodlelover)
Woahhh congrats!! I'm aiming for a high A grade for psychology (year 12) with two weeks to cover all content. Considering you got an A* you must be very effective with your psychology revision. Do you have any tips on remembering content or like essay plans ?Thanks
2 weeks is enough time especially if you're only in year 12, so covered fewer topics. My advice would be that because there's so much to remember in Psychology, I would revise one topic thoroughly then 3 days later, I would revise it again for about 30 minutes, it shoudnt take you that long this time just to reinforce it into you LTM. I find myself forgetting information so easily in Psychology so I constantly just go over the stuff I've learn. I don't really make essay plans as I've found if you know A01 and A03 really well, you can do well in the essays because Psychology is just a memory test. I usually make my own 16 mark questions by making my own items. This is really helpful! I would practise the application questions more often and also be very confident with RMs ad you can use rm for your essays. If a study was a lab experiment such as Zimbardos, you think of it as lacking external validity etc. RM is like 35% of your mark so I would advise you spend time on that.

Ah and the revision technique most people don't even know about or use that I use is called the vomit learning technique. You read a page or a topic in your textbook. Close the book. Then write down everything you remember about that topic. Then if you've missed stuff out, just add it in. That way you've made notes but also consciously them too! Really recommend this technique. Goodluck for your year 12 exams!
Last edited by username2427341; 1 year ago
Noodlelover
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks so much for the helpful reply, really appreciate it.
Good luck to you too !!

2 weeks is enough time especially if you're only in year 12, so covered fewer topics. My advice would be that because there's so much to remember in Psychology, I would revise one topic thoroughly then 3 days later, I would revise it again for about 30 minutes, it shoudnt take you that long this time just to reinforce it into you LTM. I find myself forgetting information so easily in Psychology so I constantly just go over the stuff I've learn. I don't really make essay plans as I've found if you know A01 and A03 really well, you can do well in the essays because Psychology is just a memory test. I usually make my own 16 mark questions by making my own items. This is really helpful! I would practise the application questions more often and also be very confident with RMs ad you can use rm for your essays. If a study was a lab experiment such as Zimbardos, you think of it as lacking external validity etc. RM is like 35% of your mark so I would advise you spend time on that.

Ah and the revision technique most people don't even know about or use that I use is called the vomit learning technique. You read a page or a topic in your textbook. Close the book. Then write down everything you remember about that topic. Then if you've missed stuff out, just add it in. That way you've made notes but also consciously them too! Really recommend this technique. Goodluck for your year 12 exams!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (408)
52.31%
No (372)
47.69%

Watched Threads