The Student Room Group

How to study for 10 hours??

so I'm failing everything and my end of year exams are like in 2 and a half months.

im in year 12

I need AAA for my end of year exams, so I NEED to study 10 hours.

Now don't tell me how it's unhealthy and everything because at this point this is my only chance.

It's the holidays and I have all the time in the world but I can't concentrate for more than 4 hours.
even if I take a break!!

What can I do?
Original post by blacksheep123
so I'm failing everything and my end of year exams are like in 2 and a half months.

im in year 12

I need AAA for my end of year exams, so I NEED to study 10 hours.

Now don't tell me how it's unhealthy and everything because at this point this is my only chance.

It's the holidays and I have all the time in the world but I can't concentrate for more than 4 hours.
even if I take a break!!

What can I do?

Have you tried working for 25 minutes, 5 minute break and then another 25 mins etc? Giving yourself a reward for working?

You are more likely to fail if you try to study 10 hours a day because it won't be effective and you will burn out.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Have you tried working for 25 minutes, 5 minute break and then another 25 mins etc? Giving yourself a reward for working?

You are more likely to fail if you try to study 10 hours a day because it won't be effective and you will burn out.

What are you supposed to do in that 5 minute break?
And yeah, I'll try that
What are you supposed to do in that 5 minute break?
And yeah, I'll try that

Anything you want as long as it's not doing work.
Anything you want as long as it's not doing work.

But what if I get distracted and don't go back to studying? :frown:
But what if I get distracted and don't go back to studying? :frown:

You need to have self control and self discipline. If you don't then nobody can help you. You need to help yourself. Don't let yourself get distracted. If you do after a tiny 5 minute break then you can't blame anything or anyone except yourself. Be responsible for your own studying and your own grades.
You need to have self control and self discipline. If you don't then nobody can help you. You need to help yourself. Don't let yourself get distracted. If you do after a tiny 5 minute break then you can't blame anything or anyone except yourself. Be responsible for your own studying and your own grades.

ok thank you!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending