The Student Room Group

Ideas for things i could do based on law and poltics for my personal statement?

I am currently working to persue a career in law and poltics and am hoping to go to university to study either law,philosopy and poltics at KCL ,International relations at St Andrews or LLB law (no specific uni).Therefore is anyone able to suggest any think i could do based around law and poltics to build my statement or anything they have done or are including in theres?
Work experience with your local MP. I did mine for a week and was able to use it as evidence to show my interest in politics on my personal statement.
when abouts did u do it year 12 or 13?
Original post by brckhmptn
Work experience with your local MP. I did mine for a week and was able to use it as evidence to show my interest in politics on my personal statement.
also how did u contact them?
Original post by coffeerush24
when abouts did u do it year 12 or 13?

also how did u contact them?

I did mine in the summer after year 12. Go onto your local MP’s website and somewhere they may have a section about work experience. Not everyone has this though so I just emailed about 3 MPs that were nearby. Only one had space left so make sure you apply early. I missed the deadline to apply but emailed them anyway and they accepted me thankfully. Don’t focus on what political party they are as whoever reads your ps won’t care lol, my local MP is conservative but i lean more towards labour and the experience was still extremely valuable
I did mine in the summer after year 12. Go onto your local MP’s website and somewhere they may have a section about work experience. Not everyone has this though so I just emailed about 3 MPs that were nearby. Only one had space left so make sure you apply early. I missed the deadline to apply but emailed them anyway and they accepted me thankfully. Don’t focus on what political party they are as whoever reads your ps won’t care lol, my local MP is conservative but i lean more towards labour and the experience was still extremely valuable

Thank you, what did you incude in the email?
Thank you, what did you incude in the email?

“I’m inquiring about any work experience that may be available [insert dates]

I currently attend sixth form at [name of school] and have an interest in politics [whatever else you’re interest in]. Any insight I can gain though Shadowing [MP] or working in your office would be highly beneficial in helping me decide what I want to study at university next year.

I look forward to hearing back from you.”

^thats what I sent them
“I’m inquiring about any work experience that may be available [insert dates]

I currently attend sixth form at [name of school] and have an interest in politics [whatever else you’re interest in]. Any insight I can gain though Shadowing [MP] or working in your office would be highly beneficial in helping me decide what I want to study at university next year.

I look forward to hearing back from you.”

^thats what I sent them

Thank you this will help me so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending