Your predictions for Game of Thrones Season 8?

Watch
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago

It's less than a week before the new season of Game of Thrones. So far it's been shrouded in mystery. But what are your predictions/hopes for season 8?

I have a weird feeling Sansa Stark will end up on the iron throne :gah: Just seems rather fitting considering where she was a few years ago :ninja:

You can find our Game of Thrones Megathread here.
Last edited by 8472; 1 year ago
DragonsOfAsshai
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think dany and Jon will have a baby, Jon will die fighting the night king. Dany will die in child birth and their child will be Sansa's ward and Sansa will be on the throne until the child comes of age. Almost all other main characters will die
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
dany will get the throne, realise that jon is the rightful heir, and jon will be king.
either that or dany and jon fight over who is king/queen
DragonsOfAsshai
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Gent2324)
dany will get the throne, realise that jon is the rightful heir, and jon will be king.
either that or dany and jon fight over who is king/queen
Jon doesn't even want to be king of the north so he won't want to be king of the seven kingdoms. And if dany becomes queen it would be kind of **** as that's the easy ending
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DragonsOfAsshai)
Jon doesn't even want to be king of the north so he won't want to be king of the seven kingdoms. And if dany becomes queen it would be kind of **** as that's the easy ending
yeah but hes king of the north because he knows he needs to be in order to protect the living, which is what i think he will do with being king of the 7 kingdoms too

i also think arya will sail west of westeros and find a new island where littlefinger is
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I want Prince Charming to be king. He's my fav character out of the ones left alive. (Jamie Lannister) I think he'll end up killing Cersei to stop her doing some evil stuff as part of his redemption arch.

Dany doesn't deserve to be Queen she's had everything given to her by her babysitters for the entire show lol. She's such a spoiled bratty character lmao.

And Jon Snow has had so much plot armour the past few seasons it will be so cliche if he ends up saving the world again.
Last edited by ChickenMadness; 1 year ago
Rep:
?
I think dany and Jon will have a baby, Jon will die fighting the night king. Dany will die in child birth and their child will be Sansa's ward and Sansa will be on the throne until the child comes of age. Almost all other main characters will die
I really like this idea :yep: Sansa is such a dark horse in the story :ninja:
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
lowkey want dany to die so the relationship between her and jon can be properly over.
sansa or arya might die but don't want either of them to:cry: bran'll be an interesting one.
feel like it'd be too predictable if jon was to end up on the iron throne, can it be bronn pls?:lol:
there was some indications of a 'bond' between jamie and brienne, hope this is explored further:ninja:
have a feeling tyrion might die- and either jamie or cersei.
DragonsOfAsshai
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
lowkey want dany to die so the relationship between her and jon can be properly over.
sansa or arya might die but don't want either of them to:cry: bran'll be an interesting one.
feel like it'd be too predictable if jon was to end up on the iron throne, can it be bronn pls?:lol:
there was some indications of a 'bond' between jamie and brienne, hope this is explored further:ninja:
have a feeling tyrion might die- and either jamie or cersei.
I think tyrion is definitely dead. On rewatch they set up a betrayal arc in s7. Him and varys might make some plan to put Jon on the throne or something when they find out he's a targaryen
_victoria
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
WHich sites do you use to watch this show? People are always talking about it
Rep:
?
(Original post by _victoria)
WHich sites do you use to watch this show? People are always talking about it
How to watch Game of Thrones season 8 in the UK

NowTV will be your cheapest route to watch all previous seasons and the upcoming one
hazy_violet
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Agree with this. Also, I think Tyrion and Sansa will co-parent and become co-regents for the child of Dany and Jon. Once the child is of age, s/he will be the ruler and Tyrion as Hand.

Pretty sure Jaime will die because that's the only way he can redeem himself, or he be given another chance as a Kingsguard... to the child of Dany-Jon. This time, he definitely keeps his oath.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 8472)

It's less than a week before the new season of Game of Thrones. So far it's been shrouded in mystery. But what are your predictions/hopes for season 8?

I have a weird feeling Sansa Stark will end up on the iron throne :gah: Just seems rather fitting considering where she was a few years ago :ninja:

You can find our Game of Thrones Megathread here.
I actually think a few people are wrong in this thread.

1) I think that Jamie (Kingslayer) will defeat the Night's King but probably die in the process ('i want to die in the arms of somebody i love' - Brienne) - His story is one of redemption, heroism and nobility but also losing everything (his wealth, his arm, now his sister).

2) I think that Arya will kill Cersai wearing Jamie's face ('you will die at the hands of your Valankar (brother)'. I would have preferred real Jamie but we know that the battle for Winterfell comes before Kings Landing.

3) Varys will be burnt alive for betraying Danerys - Probably he might try play her once the truth about John is known.

4) The ending will see a monarch (John) but as alluded to in the dialogue between Tryion and Danerys there will be some kind of relatively democratic succession (or since Game Of Thrones is based on old Britain, possibly a constitutional monarchy with elected regional rulers on the table).

5) This show has had a theme of history repeating so peace will not last forever. Danerys has been mirroring Aegon who brought 300 years of Targaryan rule. Cersai the mad king (perhaps Arya puts Jamie's sword through her back when she is close to defeat).

- I see John's story this season as firstly dealing with the Nights King but also discovering his heritage. Like the north, i think a lot of people will choose him over Danerys to rule (Gendry will be granted his title and lands as a Baratheon, Samwell as a Tarley).
- I am not at all sure how Danery's story plays out, it's not much of a show if she meekly accepts John as King and just cuddles him for 6 episodes. I lean towards thinking that she will sacrifice her life for him, possibly in childbirth during the final battle (similar to Lyanna).
- I think that Tyrion and the Stark sisters survive although i am not sure about Tryion mostly, he is soft when it comes to his sister.
Molseh
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly, don't particularly care what happens as long as it is full of twists, turns and shocks.

Wouldn't mind a massive epic battle similar to the Battles in LotR.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Molseh)
Honestly, don't particularly care what happens as long as it is full of twists, turns and shocks.

Wouldn't mind a massive epic battle similar to the Battles in LotR.
I would 100% expect a huge battle. After what they did with Battle of the *******s.. They probably had one in planning for months
Molseh
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A few times though they have built up a battle to fever pitch... then just skipped to the aftermath.
Give me a 10-15 minute massive scale battle like Helms Deep or Battle for Minas Tirith please!
(Original post by 8472)
I would 100% expect a huge battle. After what they did with Battle of the *******s.. They probably had one in planning for months
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m thinking:

- Huge battle (obviously)
- At least one of the main characters turned into a white
- Jon and Danys relationship ends
- Jamie dies
Phildjm
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think Jaime will kill Cersei or the Night King.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Phildjm)
I think Jaime will kill Cersei or the Night King.
Do you have a preference as to which? :holmes:
Phildjm
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 8472)
Do you have a preference as to which? :holmes:
Definitely Cersei. Would have said in the earlier seasons The Night King, but as its the last one I'm fine with her going - she is too good of a character to have gone earlier.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (277)
15.42%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (178)
9.91%
Isolating with family (127)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (80)
4.45%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (150)
8.35%
Loneliness (177)
9.86%
Financial worries (74)
4.12%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (165)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (128)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.85%

Watched Threads