How to improve English within the next month ?????????????? Watch

Yoinker_123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I really need help passing these English GCSEs as these are the ones dragging me down from going to Sixth Form and is there any good revision techniques that are helpful?
Mackenzie_lai
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
tbh there's nothing much you can do aside from doing practice papers over and over
(Original post by Yoinker_123)
I really need help passing these English GCSEs as these are the ones dragging me down from going to Sixth Form and is there any good revision techniques that are helpful?
studybloomer
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I would say write lots of essays and plan them and send them to your teacher!!!
jerrytf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Verbal reasoning tests can also help, they push your brain to think logically in English I've found they can help with overall efficiency, things like https://www.wikijob.co.uk/aptitude-tests-home, also you should try those Korean Youtube study rooms, they stream live 12 hours a day studying for civil service exams, Pomodoro trackers, ASMR background sounds to help focus they work, I use this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCHn-Btdo_M just seeing the work they do helps loads with distractions and just gets you motivated, hope this helps
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Go back to basics. Look at spelling, grammar and punctuation.

One of the problems with using technology to write is that it corrects everything for you and consequently you don't 'take in' what you are doing wrong and learn from that. So, don't use 'Grammarly' or any of those other Word short-cuts when you are writing.

Start with something like : http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/files/howto.pdf. It IS worth spending time on improving basic English skills - not only will your written English improve but you'll be able to use improved language skills in all sorts of other subjects as well.

Don't panic in the exam. Take your time, and concentrate on writing clear, interesting prose.
TensorTympani
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Yoinker_123)
Flash card all the quotes that you need to learn, then analyse the books that you have for you exams carefully. And spend an equal amount of time revising on all the subjects which you need to revise for.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.49%
They might tell the bully (16)
10.39%
I don't think they'd understand (28)
18.18%
It might lead to more bullying (57)
37.01%
There's nothing they could do (43)
27.92%

Watched Threads