Anyone have a list of History edexcel medicine/germany/cold war/elizabethan questions Watch

may12388
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I'm struggling to find questions to practice on! Please help!!
jayme.1999
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
replying to keep up with this too. I've been trying to find resources online and nothing.
may12388
Rep:
?
Haha lol at least am not the only one!
(Original post by jayme.1999)
replying to keep up with this too. I've been trying to find resources online and nothing.
epicnm
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Same. I’m really struggling to find practice papers for Edexcel History. Only thing I could suggest is going through revision guides and making up questions based on the text for yourself. Or email your teacher for some?
Toastiekid
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by may12388)
I'm struggling to find questions to practice on! Please help!!
(Original post by jayme.1999)
(Original post by epicnm)
Same. I’m really struggling to find practice papers for Edexcel History. Only thing I could suggest is going through revision guides and making up questions based on the text for yourself. Or email your teacher for some?
i did medicine, weimar, elizabeth and the cold war last year i've dug around on my laptop and found all of these for the cold war (i wrote plans for most of them before the exam), i'm going to see if i can find any for the other topics. in the meantime, i hope this helps:grin:
Spoiler:
Show

8 marks – Explain two consequences of…
the decisions made by The Grand Alliance at the Yalta Conference in February 1945.
the Potsdam Conference of July 1945.
the Truman Doctrine.
the Marshall Plan.
the Hungarian Uprising.
the setting up of Cominform and Comecon.
the Berlin Crisis of 1948-49.
the Warsaw Pact.

8 marks – Write a narrative account analysing the key events of
The Soviet takeover of the satellite states in the period 1944-48 (may use – Warsaw Uprising; - the communist takeover of Czechoslovakia).
The Soviet expansion in eastern Europe in the years 1945-48 (may use – USSR re-establishes control; - Hungary and Czechoslovakia).
The peace conferences in the years 1943-45 (may use – Tehran Conference, 1943; - Potsdam Conference, 1945).
Main developments in US-Soviet relations in the years 1947-49 (may use Truman Doctrine, 1947; - Cominform, 1947).
The Cold War in the years 1949 to 1956.

16 marks (2x8) Explain two of the following…
The importance of the Truman Doctrine for the development of the Cold War in the years 1947-55.
The importance of the Potsdam Conference (1945) for the development of the Cold War.
The importance of the Berlin Blockade for the future of Germany.
The importance of the formation of NATO for relations between the USA and the Soviet Union.
The importance of the formation of NATO for the development of the Cold War.
The importance of the Grand Alliance for relations between Stalin, Roosevelt and Churchill in the years 1941-45.
The importance of Soviet expansion in eastern Europe for the development of the Cold War.
The importance of the Marshall Plan in the development of the Cold War.
The importance of the arms race for the development of the Cold War, 1949-1953.

the decisions made by The Grand Alliance at the Yalta Conference in February 1945.
the election of Alexander Dubcek as First Secretary of the Czech Communist Party in January 1968.
the building of the Berlin Wall in 1961.
the Cuban Revolution of 1959.
The Prague Spring on relations between the Soviet Union and Czechoslovakia.
The Soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia.

The Berlin Crisis, 1958-61 (may use – the Berlin Ultimatum, 1958; - the construction of the Berlin Wall).
The East-West rivalry over Berlin, 1958-61 (may use – the Summit meetings; - the building of the Berlin Wall).
Superpower rivalry in Cuba in the years 1959 to 1962 (may use – Bay of Pigs invasion, 1961; - the Cuban Missile Crisis, 1962).
The Soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia in 1968 (may use – The Prague Spring; - The USSR re-establishes control).

The importance of the ‘Bay of Pigs’ invasion for relations between the USA and the Soviet Union.
The importance of Kennedy’s 1963 speech for the future of Germany.
The importance of the ‘Bay of Pigs’ incident for the future of Cuba.
The importance of the ‘Prague Spring’ for relations between the USA and the Soviet Union.
The importance of the summit conferences for the problem of Berlin.
The importance of the building of the Berlin Wall (1961) for relations between the USA and the Soviet Union.
The importance of the Cuban Missile Crisis (1962) for relations between the USA and the Soviet Union..

Nixon and Brezhnev’s Moscow meeting in 1972.
the Mikhail Gorbachev’s decision to abandon the Brezhnev Doctrine.
Gorbachev coming to power in the Soviet Union.
The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.
Reagan becoming president.
Gorbachev’s ‘new thinking’ on eastern Europe.

détente in the years 1970-79 (may use – SALT 1, 1972; - The Helsinki Accords, 1975).
Leading to the break-up of the Warsaw Pact in the years 1985-91 (may use – Gorbachev became leader of the Soviet Union in 1985; - the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989).
Attempts to reduce tension between East and West in the 1970s and 1980s (may use – The Helsinki Agreements; - Gorbachev’s ‘new thinking’).
The collapse of the Berlin Wall (may use – the impact of Sinatra Doctrine; - Developments in East Germany).
In the USSR and eastern Europe in the years 1989-91 (may use – The impact of ‘new thinking’; - fall of the Berlin Wall).

The importance of the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan for relations between the USA and the Soviet Union.
The importance of the nuclear arms for relations between the USA and the Soviet Union.
The importance of Ronald Reagan for relations between the USA and the Soviet Union.
The importance of the Olympic boycotts for relations between the USA and the Soviet Union.
The importance of SALT I for the development of the Cold War.
The importance of the Helsinki Agreement for relations between the USA and the Soviet Union.
The importance of the INF Treaty for relations between the USA and the Soviet Union.

détente in the years 1970-79 (may use – SALT 1, 1972; - The Helsinki Accords, 1975).
Leading to the break-up of the Warsaw Pact in the years 1985-91 (may use – Gorbachev became leader of the Soviet Union in 1985; - the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989).
Attempts to reduce tension between East and West in the 1970s and 1980s (may use – The Helsinki Agreements; - Gorbachev’s ‘new thinking’).
The collapse of the Berlin Wall (may use – the impact of Sinatra Doctrine; - Developments in East Germany).
In the USSR and eastern Europe in the years 1989-91 (may use – The impact of ‘new thinking’; - fall of the Berlin Wall).

The importance of the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan for relations between the USA and the Soviet Union.
The importance of the nuclear arms for relations between the USA and the Soviet Union.
The importance of Ronald Reagan for relations between the USA and the Soviet Union.
The importance of the Olympic boycotts for relations between the USA and the Soviet Union.
The importance of the Helsinki Agreement for relations between the USA and the Soviet Union.
The importance of the INF Treaty for relations between the USA and the Soviet Union.
Babibodoh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
If you want to practice your german... come here! It’s my native languages
And I can ask you exam questions, too.
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
medicine questions
(found these in another document, hope they help:thumbsup:)
Spoiler:
Show
Explain why there was continuity in ideas about the cause of disease in the period 1250-1500

Spoiler:
Show

You may use the following information in your answer:
-The Church
-Galen
You must also use information of your own. 12 marks

‘Hospital treatment in England in the period from 1250 to 1500 was very rare’.
How far do you agree? Explain your answer
You may use the following information in your answer
Charity hospitals
Care in the home
You must also use information of your own. [16 marks + 4 SPAG]

Explain one way in which ideas about the cause of disease and illness were similar in the 14th and 17th centuries [4 marks]

‘Individuals had the biggest impact on medical training in the 16th and 17th centuries’
Vesalius
The Printing Press

Explain one way in which ideas about preventing the plague were different in the 14th and 17th centuries [4 marks]

Explain why there was continuity in the way disease was treated in the period c.1500-1750.
You may use the following in your answer:
The Great Plague
Attitudes in society (resistance to change)
You must also use information of your own [12 marks]

Explain why there was rapid change in the prevention of smallpox after 1798.
Inoculation
Government
You must use information of your own [12 marks]

‘There was rapid change in ideas about the causes of illness and disease in the period c1700-1900’
Spontaneous Generation
Louis Pasteur

Explain why there was rapid change in surgical treatments in the period c1700-c1900.
You may use the following in your answer
Chloroform
Joseph Lister

‘Louis Pasteur’s publication of the Germ Theory was the biggest turning point in medicine in the period c1700-c1900’
How far do you agree with this statement?
Edward Jenner
Robert Koch
You must also use information of your own 16 marks

Explain one way in which understanding of the causes of disease and illness was different in c1750 to the present day 4 marks

‘Treatment of diseases and care of the sick completely changed after c1800’
Magic bullets
The NHS

Explain why there was rapid progress in disease prevention after c1900
Government interventions
Vaccinations
You must also use information of your own 12 marks
studyingpeach
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
This is such a helpful thread! I can barely find any questions on the internet agh
Just out of interest Toastiekid how exactly did you revise for history? I'm currently doing medicine, richard and john, mao's china and the cold war (edexcel) and there's just so much content - I honestly have no idea how I'm going to finish making my notes, learn them and do practice questions!
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by studyingpeach)
This is such a helpful thread! I can barely find any questions on the internet agh
Just out of interest Toastiekid how exactly did you revise for history? I'm currently doing medicine, richard and john, mao's china and the cold war (edexcel) and there's just so much content - I honestly have no idea how I'm going to finish making my notes, learn them and do practice questions!
That’s an interesting mix (am v jealous you’re doing mao’s China, I really wanted to do it:sadnod:)
I gave up on writing notes and got a load of flash cards on which I wrote a question on one side and bullet pointed key bits for the answers on the other side and then learnt them. I also made loads of timelines and stuck them around the house, watched documentaries about the topics we were doing and read some books about them too (I liked history:yep:) I didn’t do much timed practise but I’d advise you do...it was not the most sensible thing for me to ignore
Good luck!!
Last edited by Toastiekid; 9 months ago
studyingpeach
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Toastiekid)
That’s an interesting mix (am v jealous you’re doing mao’s China, I really wanted to do it:sadnod:)
I gave up on writing notes and got a load of flash cards on which I wrote a question on one side and bullet pointed key bits for the answers on the other side and then learnt them. I also made loads of timelines and stuck them around the house, watched documentaries about the topics we were doing and read some books about them too (I liked history:yep:) I didn’t do much timed practise but I’d advise you do...it was not the most sensible thing for me to ignore
Good luck!!
Thank you for the tips! Mao is fairly interesting, it's very content heavy though.
epicnm
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Anyone doing Anglo-Saxon England? Any example essay responses?
may12388
Rep:
?
i did medicine, weimar, elizabeth and the cold war last year i've dug around on my laptop and found all of these for the cold war (i wrote plans for most of them before the exam), i'm going to see if i can find any for the other topics. in the meantime, i hope this helps:grin:
Spoiler:
Show

the Truman Doctrine.
the Marshall Plan.
the Hungarian Uprising.
the Warsaw Pact.

The Soviet takeover of the satellite states in the period 1944-48 (may use – Warsaw Uprising; - the communist takeover of Czechoslovakia).
The Soviet expansion in eastern Europe in the years 1945-48 (may use – USSR re-establishes control; - Hungary and Czechoslovakia).
The peace conferences in the years 1943-45 (may use – Tehran Conference, 1943; - Potsdam Conference, 1945).
Main developments in US-Soviet relations in the years 1947-49 (may use Truman Doctrine, 1947; - Cominform, 1947).

The importance of the Truman Doctrine for the development of the Cold War in the years 1947-55.
The importance of the Potsdam Conference (1945) for the development of the Cold War.
The importance of the formation of NATO for relations between the USA and the Soviet Union.
The importance of the Grand Alliance for relations between Stalin, Roosevelt and Churchill in the years 1941-45.
The importance of Soviet expansion in eastern Europe for the development of the Cold War.

the election of Alexander Dubcek as First Secretary of the Czech Communist Party in January 1968.

The Berlin Crisis, 1958-61 (may use – the Berlin Ultimatum, 1958; - the construction of the Berlin Wall).
The East-West rivalry over Berlin, 1958-61 (may use – the Summit meetings; - the building of the Berlin Wall).
Superpower rivalry in Cuba in the years 1959 to 1962 (may use – Bay of Pigs invasion, 1961; - the Cuban Missile Crisis, 1962).
The Soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia in 1968 (may use – The Prague Spring; - The USSR re-establishes control).

The importance of the ‘Bay of Pigs’ invasion for relations between the USA and the Soviet Union.
The importance of the ‘Prague Spring’ for relations between the USA and the Soviet Union.
The importance of the building of the Berlin Wall (1961) for relations between the USA and the Soviet Union.
The importance of the Cuban Missile Crisis (1962) for relations between the USA and the Soviet Union..

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! These are amazing!!
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by studyingpeach)
Thank you for the tips! Mao is fairly interesting, it's very content heavy though.
No problem:grin:, best of luck!!
I can imagine...
may12388
Rep:
?
Sooo useful, thank you so much!!!! Do you have any on Elizabeth?

medicine questions
(found these in another document, hope they help:thumbsup:)
Spoiler:
Show
Explain why there was continuity in ideas about the cause of disease in the period 1250-1500

Spoiler:
Show

-The Church
-Galen

‘Hospital treatment in England in the period from 1250 to 1500 was very rare’.
You may use the following information in your answer
Charity hospitals
Care in the home

Explain one way in which ideas about the cause of disease and illness were similar in the 14th and 17th centuries [4 marks]

‘Individuals had the biggest impact on medical training in the 16th and 17th centuries’
Vesalius
The Printing Press

Explain one way in which ideas about preventing the plague were different in the 14th and 17th centuries [4 marks]

Explain why there was continuity in the way disease was treated in the period c.1500-1750.
The Great Plague
Attitudes in society (resistance to change)
You must also use information of your own [12 marks]

Explain why there was rapid change in the prevention of smallpox after 1798.
Inoculation
Government
You must use information of your own [12 marks]

‘There was rapid change in ideas about the causes of illness and disease in the period c1700-1900’
Spontaneous Generation
Louis Pasteur

Explain why there was rapid change in surgical treatments in the period c1700-c1900.
Chloroform
Joseph Lister

‘Louis Pasteur’s publication of the Germ Theory was the biggest turning point in medicine in the period c1700-c1900’
Edward Jenner
Robert Koch

Explain one way in which understanding of the causes of disease and illness was different in c1750 to the present day 4 marks

‘Treatment of diseases and care of the sick completely changed after c1800’
Magic bullets
The NHS

Explain why there was rapid progress in disease prevention after c1900
Government interventions
Vaccinations
You must also use information of your own 12 marks
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Sooo useful, thank you so much!!!! Do you have any on Elizabeth?
No problem
Thishttps://ecclesfield-school.com/wp-co...stion-Bank.pdf helped me with Elizabeth:grin:
may12388
Rep:
?
Thank you again!!
No problem
Thishttps://ecclesfield-school.com/wp-co...stion-Bank.pdf helped me with Elizabeth:grin:
jayme.1999
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
So I did a little more digging on the website and found more stuff on medicine that might be helpful with paper 1 being so soon now. I dont know if they are great but here:

https://ecclesfield-school.com/wp-co...stion-Bank.pdf
https://ecclesfield-school.com/wp-co...-2017-EDIT.pdf
https://ecclesfield-school.com/wp-co...ne-Booklet.pdf
https://ecclesfield-school.com/wp-co...mary-Sheet.pdf

Thank you again!!
ashleyyy.x
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Spoiler:
Show

the Truman Doctrine.
the Marshall Plan.
the Hungarian Uprising.
the Warsaw Pact.

do you have any weimar notes???
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by ashleyyy.x)
do you have any weimar notes???
No sorry:console: I used my cgp guide for that paper as I couldn’t find much online
Here’shttps://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...4#post78231254 a link to a guide on it though
Good luck!:hugs:
chloboooxx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
if anyone needs notes for cold war, crime and punishment, nazi germany, elizabeth England then feel free to drop me a message. or if you need practice questions then let me know because i have got a ton for all of the topics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (76)
15.08%
1 (70)
13.89%
2 (65)
12.9%
20.44%
20.24%
5 (88)
17.46%

Watched Threads

Latest