Exams are coming up! cba Watch

RG250
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
My first exam is the week we come back from the Easter holidays so i really do need to revise! i know most of the course and I've been predicted a B in it, but i really can't be bothered! I've revised for 2 hours today making basic notes and summarising each topic, i want to do past papers but it's such hassle marking them yourself (i'm so so bad at marking things ahhaha) so i normally send the paper away to my teachers but i don't want to bother them as of course there on holiday as well.

I really really want to get a B but i don't know how to, continue with the 2 hours revision every day or push harder and try and get some past papers done?

Any help is much appreciated
Jang Gwangnam
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by RG250)
My first exam is the week we come back from the Easter holidays so i really do need to revise! i know most of the course and I've been predicted a B in it, but i really can't be bothered! I've revised for 2 hours today making basic notes and summarising each topic, i want to do past papers but it's such hassle marking them yourself (i'm so so bad at marking things ahhaha) so i normally send the paper away to my teachers but i don't want to bother them as of course there on holiday as well.

I really really want to get a B but i don't know how to, continue with the 2 hours revision every day or push harder and try and get some past papers done?

I say don't go full out till the week before the holidays end, otherwise you might burn out (like me with my coursework T^T)
RG250
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Jang Gwangnam)
I say don't go full out till the week before the holidays end, otherwise you might burn out (like me with my coursework T^T)
Thanks, good tip hahahaha
fucthesqa
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There's plenty time don't panic, you should try even out your revision amongst all your subjects don't just focus on the first one. I've only just started properly revising now and my first one is in 24 days and some people may think I started late and I agree. However, there's still time in which you can gain much more knowledge on the subject, use active recall.
namkeen-kuthi
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do a little a day
Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RG250)

Whether 2 hours a day is or isn't enough is quite subjective, as it really depends how well you use those two hours, and how much you still need to revise to get the grades you want.

It sounds a bit like you've become a bit bored of your current method of revising, so it could be time to try something else in between past papers (as these are pretty important at this stage!)? When it comes to the past papers, is there someone else you'd be able to work with to complete them? Maybe a friend or family member who can help check the answers for you, and you do the same back, so it helps both of you revise? Not sure which subject this is for, so that might be easier said than done!
Hope your exams go well
RG250
Rep:
?
(Original post by Labrador99)
Whether 2 hours a day is or isn't enough is quite subjective, as it really depends how well you use those two hours, and how much you still need to revise to get the grades you want.

It sounds a bit like you've become a bit bored of your current method of revising, so it could be time to try something else in between past papers (as these are pretty important at this stage!)? When it comes to the past papers, is there someone else you'd be able to work with to complete them? Maybe a friend or family member who can help check the answers for you, and you do the same back, so it helps both of you revise? Not sure which subject this is for, so that might be easier said than done!
Hope your exams go well
Thank you very much! most likely i'm getting bored hahahaha
Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RG250)
Thank you very much! most likely i'm getting bored hahahaha
Yeah, it's not the most exciting thing to be doing! It will all be done in a few weeks though, or for another year at least! You can do it!
RG250
Rep:
?
Yeah, it's not the most exciting thing to be doing! It will all be done in a few weeks though, or for another year at least! You can do it!
Very very true! thanks!
Deliciate
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
push harder. dont listen to people telling you to slack. keep yourself motivated by having your goals clearly set out: which uni you wanna go to, what grades you want, why youre even studying etc.
RG250
Rep:
?
(Original post by Deliciate)
push harder. dont listen to people telling you to slack. keep yourself motivated by having your goals clearly set out: which uni you wanna go to, what grades you want, why youre even studying etc.
Thanks! i'll take this into consideration
Aadilkharl123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
LMAO, me and you know a lot of coursework deadlines...
(Original post by Jang Gwangnam)
Aadilkharl123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Its all about what you want in life. Do you wish to have a large sum of money. Do you others to look down at you. Do you wish to live a happy life
AyrshireStudent
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've had hardly any motivation this year, I've been doing 5 Highers which has made me have no social life for the past month or so in terms of revision. It's taking its toll on me but I can't wait until they're over.
Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AyrshireStudent)
I've had hardly any motivation this year, I've been doing 5 Highers which has made me have no social life for the past month or so in terms of revision. It's taking its toll on me but I can't wait until they're over.
It might be worth taking some time away from revision- even if you study in the morning, and just take a few hours to do something you enjoy in the afternoon. Although exams are close, the next 5/6 weeks can be pretty intense, so it's important to make sure you aren't neglecting other important parts of your life
RG250
Rep:
?
It might be worth taking some time away from revision- even if you study in the morning, and just take a few hours to do something you enjoy in the afternoon. Although exams are close, the next 5/6 weeks can be pretty intense, so it's important to make sure you aren't neglecting other important parts of your life
Awwww I like this reply. thanks I'll do this! x
RG250
Rep:
?
Ugh, I can image!!! I'm only doing 3 and that's enough stress! I cannot imagine what it's like with 5! yeah me either! can not wait to relax after these exams! just sit back an listen to music and talk to my boyfriend yaasss! hahahahahaha
AyrshireStudent
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RG250)
Ugh, I can image!!! I'm only doing 3 and that's enough stress! I cannot imagine what it's like with 5! yeah me either! can not wait to relax after these exams! just sit back an listen to music and talk to my boyfriend yaasss! hahahahahaha
I'm not touching a textbook at all over the summer holidays.
RG250
Rep:
?
I'm not touching a textbook at all over the summer holidays.
Haha me either
Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RG250)
Awwww I like this reply. thanks I'll do this! x
Glad to hear this Taking a break might seem counterproductive but it is almost always the opposite!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.66%
No - but I will (46)
6.69%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (325)
47.24%

Watched Threads