The Student Room Group

How many pets do you guys have?

This thread will be most likely people just saying they have 1 cat or a couple of dogs etc, etc. In my household we have thirteen (13), yes thirteen animals.

We have 6 rabbits (Talisen, Oreo, Mel, Thelma, Violet and Layla), 3 Syrian hamsters (Boo, Percy and Buttercup), 2 gerbils (Peter and Shaqiri), an African pygmy hedgehog (Thistle) and a Russian tortoise (Liam).

I've put my foot down and told my partner we're getting no-more animals but now she's after some Roborovski ones :rolleyes:

Can anyone beat the number of pets we have? Do you guys have any interesting pets? I know not many people will have a pet hedgehog :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deyesy
This thread will be most likely people just saying they have 1 cat or a couple of dogs etc, etc. In my household we have thirteen (13), yes thirteen animals.

We have 6 rabbits (Talisen, Oreo, Mel, Thelma, Violet and Layla), 3 Syrian hamsters (Boo, Percy and Buttercup), 2 gerbils (Peter and Shaqiri), an African pygmy hedgehog (Thistle) and a Russian tortoise (Liam).

I've put my foot down and told my partner we're getting no-more animals but now she's after some Roborovski ones :rolleyes:

Can anyone beat the number of pets we have? Do you guys have any interesting pets? I know not many people will have a pet hedgehog :tongue:

Ooh. Robos are so cute!

We don’t have many pets at the moment. As I’ve had to cut down on the number of hamsters as I’m at uni (used to have 4)

We have:
Our dog kelsie
The guide dog puppy
2 degus
1 (😭 we did have 2) Guinea pig
Hecate the Syrian hamster

So only 6 at the moment (we used to have more) we also have 2 fish tanks so if I include all the fish individually then it’s probably just over 30!

But yeh. Definitely no hedgehogs! Just the standard animals!
Reply 2
Original post by Snoozinghamster
Ooh. Robos are so cute!

We don’t have many pets at the moment. As I’ve had to cut down on the number of hamsters as I’m at uni (used to have 4)

We have:
Our dog kelsie
The guide dog puppy
2 degus
1 (😭 we did have 2) Guinea pig
Hecate the Syrian hamster

So only 6 at the moment (we used to have more) we also have 2 fish tanks so if I include all the fish individually then it’s probably just over 30!

But yeh. Definitely no hedgehogs! Just the standard animals!

I am desperate for degus. Every time I see them in Pets at Home I'm beyond tempted to adopt them :lol:
I had 2 tuxedo cats, they were twins. One died suddenly a few years ago and we had to give the other one away last year :frown: I miss having pets, especially cats!

My dad had a potty trained guinea pig growing up though
Original post by Deyesy
I am desperate for degus. Every time I see them in Pets at Home I'm beyond tempted to adopt them :lol:

Yeh. We went to pets at home for some treats for the guinea pigs. Mum was going on about how I wasn’t allowed to do my normal and adopt a hamster then ended up with 2 degus herself! (Tbf the cage has been partially set up for a good few years so it was going to happen sooner or later!
We have a silver cat called Lacey.
Reply 6
Original post by Snoozinghamster
Yeh. We went to pets at home for some treats for the guinea pigs. Mum was going on about how I wasn’t allowed to do my normal and adopt a hamster then ended up with 2 degus herself! (Tbf the cage has been partially set up for a good few years so it was going to happen sooner or later!

Going to Pets at Home and ending up with another animal is always the way it happens >.< My partner: 'Owwww look at the cute...' *Ends up with another mouth to feed* :colonhash:

Original post by claireestelle
We have a silver cat called Lacey.

A much less hectic household than mine then :tongue:
Original post by Deyesy

Your partner sounds like me! Almost ended up with 2 Syrians once. Despite only having one cage that was suitable long term for Syrians! And my room is currently far too muchc of a mess to fit another hamster heaven in!
Last year for a whole week we could hear the cawing noise of a crow in our living room, My brother figured it was coming from the fireplace which we blocked off since it adds to the cold during winter.

We had to break the wall down and manage to get it out- we kept it for an hour until it took a shi-t on our parent's bed so mum demanded we get rid of it :biggrin:
Original post by Deyesy
Going to Pets at Home and ending up with another animal is always the way it happens >.< My partner: 'Owwww look at the cute...' *Ends up with another mouth to feed* :colonhash:

She switches between manically running through our house and being very calm but yes much less hectic.
One eight and one three year-old daughter.
0 as I'm scared of most animals dead or alive. :h:
3 currently, 2 guineas and a hamster
Ive had 8 guineas in total though
A budgie :h: and currently looking after a friends dog so 2 atm I guess :lol:
0 :frown: we rent our house and not allowed pets. But would love a cat or two if we buy a house :smile:
i had a pet dog, a BULLMASTIFF mate, pure beast mode and beautiful boy, but got into a situation and had to sell him to a former mate, who also got into trouble and didnt really train the dog and turned him into a watch dog cos he dealt with dodgy people and so he attacked people, out of self defense i bet :emo: so he got arrested for something and my dog got put down. i can't have a pet after that but i really really want a dog.
Zero. I've never had any pets as my parents didn't (and still don't) like animals. I currently live at home, so pets are off the table. :frown:
Four cats and 50+ tropical fish across two tanks.

This is the quietest our pet situation has ever looked. When I was growing up we had massive cages filled with 30+ rats at a time - along with hamsters, gerbils, and 3 cats (not the same as the ones we have now). And I had 5 fish tanks in my bedroom alone this time two years ago never mind the ones throughout the rest of the house.
3 :mmm:
1 brother
1 sister
and 1 kitten :emog: :love:
Original post by Deyesy

I have an old english sheep dog and did have two!! I love pets :smile: They are great!
Sophia

Quick Reply

Latest