The Student Room Group

Entitlement to Postgraduate Masters Loan

Hello,

I started a masters degree last September, and received one installment of funding through student finance England. I left the course after a couple of weeks due to personal reasons. I am wanting to go back to University in September and start my masters degree again.

I have been living in Wales for 4 years now (3 years during my undergraduate degree, and this past year whilst I have been out of education working. I consider Wales my permanent address. I have a few questions:

1) How long do you have to be living in Wales, not in education to be considered a Welsh student and thus being able to apply for student finance Wales?

2) If I was able to apply to student finance Wales now, would they take my previous postgraduate loan with you into account?

3) If I still have to apply for student finance England, would I be entitled to the other 2 installments of my postgraduate loan if I return to education?

Cheers!

Martin
Hi there,

If you now consider yourself ordinarily resident in Wales, we would advise to speak directly with Student Finance Wales to discuss your options. You can contact them on 0300 200 4050.

Thanks,
Erin K
Original post by Martini6
Hello,

I started a masters degree last September, and received one installment of funding through student finance England. I left the course after a couple of weeks due to personal reasons. I am wanting to go back to University in September and start my masters degree again.

I have been living in Wales for 4 years now (3 years during my undergraduate degree, and this past year whilst I have been out of education working. I consider Wales my permanent address. I have a few questions:

1) How long do you have to be living in Wales, not in education to be considered a Welsh student and thus being able to apply for student finance Wales?

2) If I was able to apply to student finance Wales now, would they take my previous postgraduate loan with you into account?

3) If I still have to apply for student finance England, would I be entitled to the other 2 installments of my postgraduate loan if I return to education?

Cheers!

Martin

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending