How to grind my revision during Easter? Watch

Hiro2468
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Less than a month until GCSEs and I'm still dumb and barely know the content. I know I have to do past papers but....

I need a battle strategy.

Should I plan my revision for the whole week or plan my revision the night before each day?

What should be my battle strategy if I want to have straight 8s? What time should I wake up and sleep?

Any advice please? Weird question I know lol
drystar
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I think you should just make a list of all the things you need to complete over the Easter holidays, and try to do as many possible each day!
I always find it easier that way than having to stick to a strict timing schedule don't feel like a failure if I miss an hour that way!
Hiro2468
Rep:
?
(Original post by drystar)
I think you should just make a list of all the things you need to complete over the Easter holidays, and try to do as many possible each day!
I always find it easier that way than having to stick to a strict timing schedule don't feel like a failure if I miss an hour that way!
Thank you for your response! I'll try that as well (^_^ )
TheLukeManster
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
To get the top grades you need to grind through the day and night and limit your sleep probably about 5 hours a night, and just revise continuously. Do you know why? The top students in your class e.g. the ones with the 8/9 they are going to be outworking most of the country and because, of them they would make the grade boundaries higher to get the top grades. So, you just have to outwork them and grind harder! Goodluck. What grades are you on? I got a mixture of 9's and 8's except maths which is a 6 and I can help you if you want!
Hiro2468
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheLukeManster)
To get the top grades you need to grind through the day and night and limit your sleep probably about 5 hours a night, and just revise continuously. Do you know why? The top students in your class e.g. the ones with the 8/9 they are going to be outworking most of the country and because, of them they would make the grade boundaries higher to get the top grades. So, you just have to outwork them and grind harder! Goodluck. What grades are you on? I got a mixture of 9's and 8's except maths which is a 6 and I can help you if you want!
I sleep less so sleeping is not an issue (>~< )
My grades are a mixture of 5s to 7s but English Lang is a 4 unfortunately but German is an 8.
My subjects are:
Maths- 5
English Lit- 5
English Lang-4
Physics- 7
Chemistry- 7
Biology- 6
Geography- 6
German- 8
Religious Studies- 6

Do you have any tips/advice for "grinding" hard? I want to grind as effectively and efficiently as possible. I'm going to the library tomorrow and I'm arriving there as early as I can.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (337)
15.64%
The paper was reasonable (1172)
54.39%
Not feeling great about that exam... (466)
21.62%
It was TERRIBLE (180)
8.35%

Watched Threads