lcrabt21
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
A friend of mine (not close but i'd consider friends) just recently took her Textiles GCSE, except she was caught cheating. She took her piece of fabric with her to the bathroom to do in breaks and lunches etc. and I was just wondering what kind of penalties she'll get for this? She was distraught in the fact that she may be disqualified from multiple exams, but does anyone know the worst that could happen? She's been told she will (most likely) at least be disqualified from the Textiles GCSE.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lcrabt21)
A friend of mine (not close but i'd consider friends) just recently took her Textiles GCSE, except she was caught cheating. She took her piece of fabric with her to the bathroom to do in breaks and lunches etc. and I was just wondering what kind of penalties she'll get for this? She was distraught in the fact that she may be disqualified from multiple exams, but does anyone know the worst that could happen? She's been told she will (most likely) at least be disqualified from the Textiles GCSE.
She will most likely be disqualified from that particular exam. She will possibly be disqualified from the whole textiles GCSE.
I dont know about the other GCSE's though.
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think different exam boards have different policies, what exam board was she doing
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The rules are the same for all the different boards for GCSEs but their decisions may vary slightly. My best guess is that she'd get a U for her Textiles GCSE but be Ok to sit her others.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
it depends on what the exam board will give her, in fact, she could be banned from all exams
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah, depends on how bad they see the cheating as. The worst possible scenario is her being disqualified from every exam she sits with that particular exam board.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
exactly that is what I meant thanks
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
Yeah, depends on how bad they see the cheating as. The worst possible scenario is her being disqualified from every exam she sits with that particular exam board.
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 2838676907)
exactly that is what I meant thanks
Oh oops, I didn't see your comment :lol:, sorry!
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
The highest punishment is to be banned from taking GCSE and A level exams for a set period of time - it could be years - not just from one board for one exam season.
lcrabt21
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emma:-))
She will most likely be disqualified from that particular exam. She will possibly be disqualified from the whole textiles GCSE.
I dont know about the other GCSE's though.
Thank you!
lcrabt21
Rep:
?
We take AQA for all art and design subjects including textiles
(Original post by Ray_Shadows)
I think different exam boards have different policies, what exam board was she doing
lcrabt21
Rep:
?
Ok thank you!
(Original post by Compost)
The rules are the same for all the different boards for GCSEs but their decisions may vary slightly. My best guess is that she'd get a U for her Textiles GCSE but be Ok to sit her others.
jonathanemptage
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well she'll almost defiantly be disqualified from Textiles GCSE and it's possible every other exams she has on that exam board the exam boards share information about cheating too so if they are feeling particually nasty she could be disqualified from all her GCSe's I hope it's not too bad.
Last edited by jonathanemptage; 2 years ago
Jeffoneill
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wonder what the outcome was?I bet looking back on the situation now,You all realise it’s not the end of the world and it’s actually quite meaningless.Far too much pressure is forced upon teenagers to decide what they want to do in life at school,They’ve only just finished primary school and two three years later you have to start thinking about what career you should have,You’ll be helpfully pushed towards the subjects that suit your school especially the ones that teachers decide are more academic at the time and will help the school hit the quotas for that years ofsted targets.Just enjoy your life,You only die once,YOU LIVE EVERY DAY X
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (366)
84.33%
No (68)
15.67%

Watched Threads