Does anyone have a good way to study so I can take a lot of information in quickly? Watch

Aaron_0610
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Need some advice for study plans for over the next few weeks, suggestions are appreciated
Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Aaron_0610)
Need some advice for study plans for over the next few weeks, suggestions are appreciated
This is one that will vary quite a lot person to person, and also subject to subject. I didn't use any groundbreaking or new revision techniques but found making mindmaps and posters really helpful. I made a mindmap for most subtopics over the course of the year, but the posters I just made for areas I struggled with, so then I had to think more carefully about how I communicated it (i.e. had to understand it better!) and was also more inclined to spend longer (productively!) on topics I didn't like.
Another way I found quite useful was explaining stuff to other people, as to be able to explain something well, you need to understand it, rather than purely memorise it.

I'm sure others will have other suggestions, but those are some of the things that worked for me! Hope your exams go well
Valeriex
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Science:
Okay so for my prelims I basically looked on the SQA website and found the course specification for my subjects an then I went through and picked out what we had covered (obviously you will have covered everything by now) I picked out the topics I struggled with and made a mindmap for them and if you have went over things recently then it is easier to keep information in your head if you have went through it recently. Do some past paper and pick out common questions and make flashcards or just make a note of them if possible try and stick posters/ mindmaps or anything around your bedroom.

Languages:
Honestly I think the best way for languages is just to keep doing practice listenings and readings and then my friends who can actually do languages say that learning your grammar by just continually practicing it helps. Honestly I hate languages (god knows why I took french and spanish) so I don't revise them oops, but I think just doing past papers is the best.

Maths:
Once you can do all everything and understand it then doing practice questions and problem solving ones are the best because most of the time when they ask you questions it is in a problem solving context so again past papers.

Socials:
I don't do socials so I couldn't really tell you (dropped geography after S3) but if I was to guess maybe mindmaps?

English:
Honestly not a clue I've wrote my quotes out on flashcards but I'm having a difficult time remembering them.

Okay that's all the main subjects covered, I don't do any other subjects apart from music. But if you want more subject specific picks see if there is a forum for your subject and level and ask there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (376)
37.49%
No - but I will (76)
7.58%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (480)
47.86%

Watched Threads