Boyfriend doesn’t like love songs Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I love listening to slow love songs, and I played my favourite one to my boyfriend the other day and he said that those type of songs make him cringe because of how ‘cheesy’ they are. (Some songs to include are: Perfect-Ed Sheeran, All of Me-John Legend, A Thousand Years-Christina Perri, and some classic 80s/90s love songs). I know that everyone has their own personal music preference, but I thought that he’d at least appreciate these songs because of the meaning behind them...

He said he prefers the more upbeat love songs, but I always saw those as more ‘honeymoon phase’/the rush of new love, whereas I see the slower ones as having a deeper meaning, actually about LOVE, rather than simply enjoying seeing the person and all the ‘on the surface’ things.

I get that maybe he might just have a different music taste, but what worries me is how slow love songs make him cringe. Whenever he says that to me, he sounds really bitter and I don’t know why, as I feel like we’re both really happy in our relationship ☹️

Does anyone else cringe at slow love songs, while being in a relationship? Or does your boyfriend/girlfriend? I’m just curious to know
username4540078
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
He still goes out with you despite your appalling taste in music?

Clearly he likes you.
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
Word. Honestly, just let people like their own music. There’s so much of it out there, of course people have different opinions, e.g. my opinion is that your taste is cr*p, but that doesn’t mean anything in this days and age.
(Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe)

Clearly he likes you.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I love listening to slow love songs, and I played my favourite one to my boyfriend the other day and he said that those type of songs make him cringe because of how ‘cheesy’ they are. (Some songs to include are: Perfect-Ed Sheeran, All of Me-John Legend, A Thousand Years-Christina Perri, and some classic 80s/90s love songs). I know that everyone has their own personal music preference, but I thought that he’d at least appreciate these songs because of the meaning behind them...

He said he prefers the more upbeat love songs, but I always saw those as more ‘honeymoon phase’/the rush of new love, whereas I see the slower ones as having a deeper meaning, actually about LOVE, rather than simply enjoying seeing the person and all the ‘on the surface’ things.

I get that maybe he might just have a different music taste, but what worries me is how slow love songs make him cringe. Whenever he says that to me, he sounds really bitter and I don’t know why, as I feel like we’re both really happy in our relationship ☹️

Does anyone else cringe at slow love songs, while being in a relationship? Or does your boyfriend/girlfriend? I’m just curious to know
The issue you seem to have here is that you're upset your boyfriend doesn't have the same taste in music as you. That's fine and not something to get upset over. Slow love songs are really cheesy and can be very cringey. It doesn't mean he doesn't love you or anything.
YaliaV
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I think you’re overreacting. Most guys probably don’t like love songs/romantic movies and it doesn’t mean anything.
Anonymous #1
I mean, I do also listen to other genres of music too
(Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe)

Clearly he likes you.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You know how romantic films are considered "chick flicks" and romance novels are considered "chick lit"? It's the same principle here just applied to mushy love songs. They generally appeal more to women than men.

I don't like those types of songs regardless of my relationship status - it makes no difference!
Jack22031994
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago

You like Ed Sheeran and he still goes out with you???

Kidding!! :lol:

But seriously, dont worry - at the end if the day, it's music he doesnt like. Which overall, will be more appealing to women than it is to men. Dont worry about it!
Anonymous #1
It makes a lot more sense when you put it like that. Thanks!
(Original post by sinfonietta)
You know how romantic films are considered "chick flicks" and romance novels are considered "chick lit"? It's the same principle here just applied to mushy love songs. They generally appeal more to women than men.

I don't like those types of songs regardless of my relationship status - it makes no difference!
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Of all the things to worry about... :rolleyes:

How old are you?
username4003948
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago

If it's that important to you, just be grateful he doesn't also despise "the more upbeat love songs".

It's probably just a male thing. I think the majority of us find sentimentality nauseating. Although the whole 'generation z' seems to be nauseatingly sentimental about everything.
Passwordisyou
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Are you actually complaining just because he likes different songs....wow hes patient.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (150)
24.79%
Pop (146)
24.13%
Jazz (26)