The Student Room Group

graduate with no job experience

the title sums it up really - I don't really have any work experience other than a paper round I had as a teenager and I'm applying for graduate schemes and a combination of many of them asking for a CV or requiring references and I can't help but feel that it's consequently pointless applying for these schemes seeing as my CV is going to be very basic and only show my educational accomplishments and no relevent experience. what should i do?
Reply 1
Original post by L248
the title sums it up really - I don't really have any work experience other than a paper round I had as a teenager and I'm applying for graduate schemes and a combination of many of them asking for a CV or requiring references and I can't help but feel that it's consequently pointless applying for these schemes seeing as my CV is going to be very basic and only show my educational accomplishments and no relevent experience. what should i do?

Is it that you have no work experience (like summer jobs, bartending etc) or no relevant experience? What sort of jobs are you applying for?
Reply 2
it is that I have no work experience period. i'm applying (mostly) for management schemes but am considering applying for a PGCE
Original post by ajj2000
Is it that you have no work experience (like summer jobs, bartending etc) or no relevant experience? What sort of jobs are you applying for?
Reply 3
Original post by L248
it is that I have no work experience period. i'm applying (mostly) for management schemes but am considering applying for a PGCE

Ah, ok. Which subject do you study? Are you looking at general management schemes or specific areas (eg logistics, HR etc). Have you graduated? If so I'd look for a job ASAP to have something to talk about in interviews. Obviously this is less valid if you have loads of volunteering experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending