The Student Room Group

Failed 5 modules.Can I resit?

I'm in first year and i'm 99% sure i've failed 5/6 modules on my course.will I be able to resit these in the summer or have I failed too many?

I go to university of Westminster
Reply 1
You need to check your university's regulations. At mine if you fail 30 credits- i.e. 2 modules, you need to consider retaking the year. Is there any reason why you think you failed them all?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm in first year and i'm 99% sure i've failed 5/6 modules on my course.will I be able to resit these in the summer or have I failed too many?

Without wishing to be mean, if you've failed 5/6 modules, it is pretty clear that the course you are on is not the right one for you. I would talk to your personal tutor about transferring to a different course in September (if you want to stay at the same uni) although unfortunately you would have to start from Year 1 again
Reply 3
I can't find anything on the regulations that states there's a limit to how many modules you can resit or a minimum you need to pass in order to resit.

I did badly because of not handing in coursework and not revising for exams and due to some personal issues which caused me to miss a lot of lectures/tutorials (not acceptable for MC).

But I know I can pass them all if I had the chance to resit them.
Original post by ritazip
You need to check your university's regulations. At mine if you fail 30 credits- i.e. 2 modules, you need to consider retaking the year. Is there any reason why you think you failed them all?
Reply 4
Is there anyone out there (or knows someone) that failed as many modules as I did and was still able to resit them in the summer?
Original post by Anonymous

I go to university of Westminster

Check your university's regulations. Speak to your personal tutor. If you have mitigating circumstances for your fails, then you could potentially apply for uncapped resits. If you don't have any mitigating circumstances, then maybe consider leaving your current course and finding another in which you can do better?

Quick Reply

Latest