Best way to revise Watch

loganmawill
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Are flashcards and past papers the key to getting high grades (as in A’s). Thanks!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Infinite Series
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by loganmawill)
Are flashcards and past papers the key to getting high grades (as in A’s). Thanks!
You get high grades by memorising and understanding the content, and then looking for gaps in your knowledge by doing exam questions. Past papers are good to do as they replicate the real exam, but doing questions-by-topic on sites like Physics&MathsTutor will help you to be thorough with each topic if you learn from the mistakes you make on each question.

Flashcards are useful to help you memorise the content if you use the active recall technique with them. But make sure you don't spend too long making the flashcards as this will be counter productive.
loganmawill
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=Infinite Series;82631718]You get high grades by memorising and understanding the content, and then looking for gaps in your knowledge by doing exam questions. Past papers are good to do as they replicate the real exam, but doing questions-by-topic on sites like Physics
I have practice paper books by topic so that will work!
Last edited by loganmawill; 1 week ago
loganmawill
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=loganmawill;82631798]
(Original post by Infinite Series)
You get high grades by memorising and understanding the content, and then looking for gaps in your knowledge by doing exam questions. Past papers are good to do as they replicate the real exam, but doing questions-by-topic on sites like Physics
What do you mean by use the active recall technique with them?
Last edited by loganmawill; 1 week ago
Hiro2468
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You get high grades by memorising and understanding the content, and then looking for gaps in your knowledge by doing exam questions. Past papers are good to do as they replicate the real exam, but doing questions-by-topic on sites like Physics&MathsTutor will help you to be thorough with each topic if you learn from the mistakes you make on each question.

Flashcards are useful to help you memorise the content if you use the active recall technique with them. But make sure you don't spend too long making the flashcards as this will be counter productive.
Could you please explain how to use active recall with flash cards
Emma:-)
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

I agree
loganmawill
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emma:-))
I agree
Would you be able to explain the active recall technique?
Infinite Series
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What do you mean by use the active recall technique with them?
Would you be able to explain the active recall technique?
This video explains it very well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukLnPbIffxE
loganmawill
Rep:
?
This video explains it very well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukLnPbIffxE
So basically don’t take notes just test yourself. Would quizlet be good for this. I was making these a couple of hours ago Name:  B6A3CE99-EBDA-4322-8BE4-CD2926A0231E.jpg.jpeg
Views: 15
Size:  17.6 KB
Infinite Series
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So basically don’t take notes just test yourself. Would quizlet be good for this. I was making these a couple of hours ago Name:  B6A3CE99-EBDA-4322-8BE4-CD2926A0231E.jpg.jpeg
Views: 15
Size:  17.6 KB
Quizlet is very useful You can probably find pre-made notes on there which will save you time instead of having to make them from scratch.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (246)
39.42%
No - but I will (42)
6.73%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (291)
46.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed