tadocash
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I am currently struggling with revision for Anthology Poetry (Love & Relationship) and there's not much time to waste before the gcse.
I got 16 marks on my essay on my mocks which I am quite happy with since I am okay with a grade 5. However I already knew which poem it was going to be in the mocks and that's how I did alright i guess.

SOO I really need help with how to memorise the analysing of the 15 poems and form, structure e.t.c
Can someone please tell me how you revised for it and how it might benefit me. Thanks.
TakeMeToHogwarts
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Try getting a blank copy of the poems and annotating it from MEMORY.

Divide a sheet of paper into 4 and label each box with a certain area (such as structure and form etc) and fill them in so you at least have something about each poem.

Also, do practise essays for each poem and compare them.

Get the CGP revision guide for extra support
redmeercat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
List the themes for each poem and work out which you need to learn first... ideally, you'll revise all of them but some, such as Climbing my Grandfather are fairly limited in terms of themes so you may choose to learn them last. Also, Singh Song was the poem last year for AQA so it's less likely to be that one this year too. Not impossible, but less likely.

Have a look at Mr Bruff's videos on the poems (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fPo...bMcTEOTO5H7Xho) And ensure that your anthology its has all myour annotations. Then do as TakeMeToHogwarts suggested and try filling out a blank copy of the poem with everything that you can remember, including writing 3 different poems that you could compare the poem you're annotating to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.39%
No (241)
33.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed