Watch
This discussion is closed.
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago

What is this thread about?
This is a joke bill in the Model House of Commons (MHoC). It's a piece of proposed legislation that is currently being debated, but I wouldn't take it too seriously! All are welcome and encouraged to ask questions about the bill's content and join in the debate – you don't have to be in a party or be an MP to do so.

What is the MHoC?
It's a political role-playing game where we pretend to be the House of Commons, and it's been going since 2005. We have formed parties, we have elections twice a year, and we debate bills and motions just like the real-life parliament. If you want to know more about how the MHoC works, your first port of call is the user manual. If you'd like to get involved and possibly join a party, you want the welcome thread.

B1488 – Nationalisation of The Student Room Bill 2019, Mr T 999 MP, SoggyCabbages MP
Nationalisation of The Student Room Bill 2019

An Act to require the secretary of state to assume control of The Student Room.[/CENTER]

BE IT ENACTED by The Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Commons in this present Parliament assembled, in accordance with the provisions of the Parliament Acts 1911 and 1949, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—

1.Nationalisation
(1) The Student Room Group shall cede all functions and assets to the Secretary of State.
(2) The Community Team, DevOps team and management shall be made redundant and replaced with new staff.
(3) One Community Team member shall be dedicated to Model House of Commons and all its functions.

2.Short title, Commencement, Extent
(1) This act may be cited as the Nationalisation of The Student Room Act 2019
(2) This act comes into force on upon royal assent
(3) This act extends to the United Kingdom

Notes
TSR is a failing site, with poor CT, DevOps, and management team who are making TSR worse every day, especially Mhoc. It has clearly failed to provide adequate services and is harming Mhoc, this is why it shall be nationalised to improve the services!
Mr T 999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Aye!
ns_2
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't support nationalisation, but just for clause 1(2), aye.
SoggyCabbages
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Aye, let's replace the CT.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
6 days late
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Fair
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Definitely support this! Especially 1(2) :lol:
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As with all joke bills.

Nay.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
:rofl:
ChrisN look what's happening!:zomg:
username4307230
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
April Fools was a long time ago, old chap. Nay though, unnecessary nationalisation is something I'll never get behind.
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh dear...
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
This bill has been withdrawn.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (33)
18.54%
I'm not sure (5)
2.81%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (59)
33.15%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.69%
I'm not a current university student (78)
43.82%

Watched Threads