The Student Room Group

A/A* in A-Level Art

I'm in year 12 and currently studying A Level art but I'm only predicted a B and would really need an A! I got an A* at GCSE but getting higher than a B seems impossible at the moment. Could anyone who has achieved an A or A*(or is predicted one of these grades at the moment) advise me on how to improve?
It would help to know whether you started at a lower grade in year 12 as well, plus how many hours you put in a week. Thank you
Reply 1
Which art course are you doing?
Reply 2
I always thought getting an A* in art or photography was easy as you just draw and use imagination, right? Would you say art at A level is better or worse than say chemistry?
The OCR A-Level course, although I did my GCSE with AQA and the marking criteria is essentially identical
Original post by _WOLF_
Which art course are you doing?
I do A level biology and maths alongside art and they are easier by far; I can do little to no work and get an A on practise AS papers. The workload for subjects like art and photography is extremely intense and the difficulty is working out whether you're gaining the marks or not, as it isn't as straightforward as having a set mark scheme! I do enjoy it slightly more but it is definitely trickier
Original post by The RAR
I always thought getting an A* in art or photography was easy as you just draw and use imagination, right? Would you say art at A level is better or worse than say chemistry?

Quick Reply

Latest