The Student Room Group

Nervous tic/twitch?

Hi,

Has anyone ever had what could be a nervous tic or twitch? Since about the beginning of March, I've been experiencing what I feel are nervous tics/twitches. These involve my head automatically moving upwards for about maybe a second, and sometimes my arm moving to the side involuntarily for about a second. Sometimes I wonder if they have even happened. It's hard to explain. I haven't told my GP yet.

I do get heart palpitations but they've been happening for a while and I've been for an ECG and a couple of 24hr heart tapes, with my GP saying they noticed something on the tape, but I was probably "stressed or anxious" - I wasn't even given any advice afterwards (!)
Hi, I notice that this message was from a year ago but...I started having twitches and tics in my hands, arms and legs in August 2019. I would involuntary drop/ throw my pen and started to loose control in my hands, to the point where I was struggling to write and walk. After sometime, I found it difficult to talk (however this as not very often). I went to my GP about it and was soon sent to the Hospital, where I as diagnosed with Anxiety Disorder. I still have my twitch and I think that it is gradually getting worse... I am doing my GCSEs this year so am getting increasingly worried.I hope your well... Please let me know if you have been diagnosed with anything.My Instagram handle is @dbennett7 or you can reply on here...Cheers,Dills x
Hi Dillon. Thanks for your reply. No I haven't been diagnosed with anything, I was told it was probably just stress or me feeling anxious. I hope you're getting on OK. It may be worth you asking your GP for a referral for support for anxiety. I'm not sure if you have heard of IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies), but it's a service with teams across the country who provide CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) to people

Quick Reply

Latest