Laurence010401
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Does anyone do physical geography at university?
What’s it like?
I feel like physical geography would be the perfect university course for me, because geography has always been my favourite school subject, but I’m starting to like human geography less, and be more interested in geology and ecology and stuff
Laurence010401
Rep:
?
Soooo I guess no one does physical geography at uni 😂😂
Well
At least this means it will be easy for me to get a place lol
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Laurence010401)
What’s it like?
I feel like physical geography would be the perfect university course for me, because geography has always been my favourite school subject, but I’m starting to like human geography less, and be more interested in geology and ecology and stuff
Hey,

Have you tried having a search on the TSR search bar for threads called Physical Geography? A quick search then came up with some threads discussing the university course. You may find it beneficial to jump in to some of these threads.

It is also important to check the course curriculum or modules at each different university as although the course may be Physical Geography different aspects may come up.

I hope this helps,
Tom :shakehand:
Laurence010401
Rep:
?
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hey,

Have you tried having a search on the TSR search bar for threads called Physical Geography? A quick search then came up with some threads discussing the university course. You may find it beneficial to jump in to some of these threads.

It is also important to check the course curriculum or modules at each different university as although the course may be Physical Geography different aspects may come up.

I hope this helps,
Tom :shakehand:
Thanks for the useful info
However, my main reason for making this discussion was because I searched the words ‘physical geography’ and found nothing. Anything that came up was about physics or something
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I’m looking into studying physical geography too! What a levels are you taking and where are you hoping to apply too? 😍
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Thanks for the useful info
However, my main reason for making this discussion was because I searched the words ‘physical geography’ and found nothing. Anything that came up was about physics or something
No problem at all, I see. Hopefully this thread will pick up or the guys at TSR can help bump the thread.

Cheers,
Tom
lemxn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Lots of unis do dual honours physical geography and geology degrees - just google! I do human geography (sorry) but have had the chance to do modules which focus on human and physical issues, especially in first year.
What’s it like?
Laurence010401
Rep:
?
(Original post by lemxn)
Lots of unis do dual honours physical geography and geology degrees - just google! I do human geography (sorry) but have had the chance to do modules which focus on human and physical issues, especially in first year.
Yes I know lol
I’m actually in the process of deciding whether I wanna do geology and physical geography, or just physical geography
Laurence010401
Rep:
?
No problem at all, I see. Hopefully this thread will pick up or the guys at TSR can help bump the thread.

Cheers,
Tom
Yesssss it seems to be more active now lol
Laurence010401
Rep:
?
(Original post by Deggs_14)
I’m looking into studying physical geography too! What a levels are you taking and where are you hoping to apply too? 😍
Law geography physics
And there’s about 25 unis I’m thinking of 😂
lemxn
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Some unis would let you change course within the first few weeks anyway if you decided you wasn't enjoying certain elements e.g. you wanted to do single honours instead of dual honours as you didn't enjoy the geology aspects as much as you thought you would.
Yes I know lol
I’m actually in the process of deciding whether I wanna do geology and physical geography, or just physical geography
Laurence010401
Rep:
?
(Original post by lemxn)
Some unis would let you change course within the first few weeks anyway if you decided you wasn't enjoying certain elements e.g. you wanted to do single honours instead of dual honours as you didn't enjoy the geology aspects as much as you thought you would.
Yeah
For example, at Cardiff they said u can change within the first semester
lemxn
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Good luck with your applications! Geography is such a broad subject and there is so much more to learn beyond school and college, whether human or physical. You should consider what fieldtrip opportunities are on offer at each uni too!
Yeah
For example, at Cardiff they said u can change within the first semester
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Yesssss it seems to be more active now lol
Great news! :banana2:
Laurence010401
Rep:
?
Great news! :banana2:
Loving the banana sticker lol 🍌
Laurence010401
Rep:
?
(Original post by lemxn)
Good luck with your applications! Geography is such a broad subject and there is so much more to learn beyond school and college, whether human or physical. You should consider what fieldtrip opportunities are on offer at each uni too!
Yes I do consider that
At Liverpool they have a trip to wellington, where all my extended family is, as part of geology and physical geography
And at Leicester, they have a trip to the amazon rainforest, which I’ve always wanted to visit, as part of physical geography
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Loving the banana sticker lol 🍌
and surely it counts as one of your 5 A Day? :teehee:
Laurence010401
Rep:
?
(Original post by liverpool hope university)
and surely it counts as one of your 5 a day? :teehee:
haha yes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (0)
0%
They've been reasonable (3)
50%
Not feeling great... (3)
50%
They are TERRIBLE! (0)