The Student Room Group

Do big companies look at the university you study from in a field like law?

Law is very competitive, but does it really affect your employability on an undergraduate level? I am asking as an international student so if work visas etc dont work out I dont want to end up with a degree that is not very reputable in the world out of UK

(I have applied to Russel Group universities only but I am not sure how recognized that is out of the UK)
Original post by lawl123
Law is very competitive, but does it really affect your employability on an undergraduate level? I am asking as an international student so if work visas etc dont work out I dont want to end up with a degree that is not very reputable in the world out of UK

(I have applied to Russel Group universities only but I am not sure how recognized that is out of the UK)

All the RG Unis will be perfectly reputable enough for a career in Law within the UK but I don’t know why you would expect any of us (on a UK website) to have detailed knowledge of their employability value in an unspecified country outside the UK
Reply 2
I just meant to look at it from an international lens. Living in the UK doesn't mean you cant have knowledge about the outside world and job prospects out of the UK.
Original post by harrysbar
All the RG Unis will be perfectly reputable enough for a career in Law within the UK but I don’t know why you would expect any of us (on a UK website) to have detailed knowledge of their employability value in an unspecified country outside the UK

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending