The Student Room Group

How can i revise GCSE AQA Geography

Geography is a really hard subject and the exam questions seem impossible to answer, i need help.
Reply 1
I know, i hate it too. I'm just writing out notes at the moment (probs left it a bit too late) but im like memorising it from the text book and then writing it down so that its not just simply copying it. it takes longer but it really does make a difference.

Also, do lots of exam practice questions so that you get used to what they're asking you and then mark them after using the mark scheme (your exam board should have a few on their website). but don't use the mark scheme whilst you're writing the answer because that's just pointless! after marking the question, re-write your answer with the mark scheme in front of you, writing your corrected mistakes in a different coloured pen, preferably red (its supposed to stimulate the brain or something?).

for stuff like key words, i'm gonna use flash cards. i think just knowing key words and using them in your longer answers, will help you to get more marks and it also makes you sound more clever and high level.
Reply 2
thank you so much honestly!

Original post by kate444
I know, i hate it too. I'm just writing out notes at the moment (probs left it a bit too late) but im like memorising it from the text book and then writing it down so that its not just simply copying it. it takes longer but it really does make a difference.

Also, do lots of exam practice questions so that you get used to what they're asking you and then mark them after using the mark scheme (your exam board should have a few on their website). but don't use the mark scheme whilst you're writing the answer because that's just pointless! after marking the question, re-write your answer with the mark scheme in front of you, writing your corrected mistakes in a different coloured pen, preferably red (its supposed to stimulate the brain or something?).

for stuff like key words, i'm gonna use flash cards. i think just knowing key words and using them in your longer answers, will help you to get more marks and it also makes you sound more clever and high level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending