The Student Room Group

Masaryk for Medicine (2019)

Hey guys, I'm considering going to Masaryk University to do Medicine as I've got an offer from them. I have also been admitted to Humanitas University in Milan which is a private university and I'm having a bit of trouble deciding which offer to take. If anyone can let me know what it's like to study Medicine at Masaryk I'd really appreciate it
Reply 1
masaryk is the second largest university in czech and i have a friends cousin who studied there saying its really good and better clinical exposure than charles, :smile:
btw how was your entrance exam is it similiar to the sample papers ?
Reply 2
hey sorry for the late reply, I thought the exams were alright tbh. Chem was pretty straightforward imo, Maths was quite easy for me at least and bio was mixed i felt some parts were quite weird but some were really similar to the sample papers
Original post by rln25
masaryk is the second largest university in czech and i have a friends cousin who studied there saying its really good and better clinical exposure than charles, :smile:
btw how was your entrance exam is it similiar to the sample papers ?
Reply 3
its alright , i haven't written my exam yet , was chem similiar to the sample papers ? and is the marking strict or , how much is the pass mark or smthing like that?

Original post by qwerty12354
hey sorry for the late reply, I thought the exams were alright tbh. Chem was pretty straightforward imo, Maths was quite easy for me at least and bio was mixed i felt some parts were quite weird but some were really similar to the sample papers
Reply 4
yeah i'd say chem was rather similar to the past papers, my exam had a particular emphasis on calculations i felt and there is a general trend of that imo. I'm not too sure how strict the marking is but i do know that the pass mark is 60% so u need to average a 60% score over 3 papers. I'd say the key thing is to practise papers tbh the question structure can be quite similar. I used the Masaryk e-learning courses to revise for my exams and pretty much all the stuff they'd ask u is on that its just a matter of memorising it tbh. Good luck with ur exam and i hope i helped :smile:
Original post by rln25
its alright , i haven't written my exam yet , was chem similiar to the sample papers ? and is the marking strict or , how much is the pass mark or smthing like that?

Quick Reply

Latest