The Student Room Group
Just wondering what main study materials you used? I'm currently plowing my way through the Des O'Neill questions and was wondering if you used them, and if so how comparable to the actual gamsat did you find them?
Original post by Jmread1995
Just wondering what main study materials you used? I'm currently plowing my way through the Des O'Neill questions and was wondering if you used them, and if so how comparable to the actual gamsat did you find them?

hiya. so i used des o neill for s1 practice (found it wasn't very comparable for s3 as i found it harder than actual gamsat questions). my main sources were griffiths gamsat review (very good for s2) and going through acer papers using the gold standard gamsat youtube channel (they break down each s3 question and tell you how to get/ estimate the answer)
Original post by FutureMedic23
hiya. so i used des o neill for s1 practice (found it wasn't very comparable for s3 as i found it harder than actual gamsat questions). my main sources were griffiths gamsat review (very good for s2) and going through acer papers using the gold standard gamsat youtube channel (they break down each s3 question and tell you how to get/ estimate the answer)

What was your gamsat score, if you don't mind me asking.

Yeah I have noticed some of the Des stuff is quite hard, namely some of the calculations seem a bit harder than expected (and I come from a maths/physics background).
Original post by Jmread1995
What was your gamsat score, if you don't mind me asking.

Yeah I have noticed some of the Des stuff is quite hard, namely some of the calculations seem a bit harder than expected (and I come from a maths/physics background).

s1 60, s2 75, s3 55 :smile: yeah i don't think it accurately relays the actual difficulty of the gamsat. on the plus side, if you can do them, then gamsat in comparison would feel alright
How did you structure S2 essays to get a good score? Did you focus more on your topic ideas, providing factual/statistical evidence,or displaying your critical thinking things about the given theme. (All of the above?)

Thanks for sharing
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi everyone, does anyone have a rough idea what score would be enough for interviews?
Original post by pharmacist2
How did you structure S2 essays to get a good score? Did you focus more on your topic ideas, providing factual/statistical evidence,or displaying your critical thinking things about the given theme. (All of the above?)

Thanks for sharing

in my opinion s2 is about showing a well-rounded, balanced viewpoint with arguments on both sides, before finally showing what side your on by means of a conclusion. i would say show the way you think with regards to the theme. as for facts and stats, honestly you don't need to worry too much about them, but if you know some throw them in! someone i know made up a statistic in his essay to try and score brownie points with the examiner - after all, given the amount they have to read they're unlikely to double check it - but i wouldn't recommend this just in case!
Original post by berries366
Hi everyone, does anyone have a rough idea what score would be enough for interviews?

it depends on the uni. it has also really fluctuated for this application cycle. the lowest score i have seen get interviews is 55, which might have been the borderline score for my uni this year
Original post by berries366

If you Google gamsat cut off UK you'll get various pages with lists of previous cut off scores, which will give you an idea. With 55+ you'd have a small chance, 60+ would give you a good chance, and 62+ you're very likely to get interviews (assuming you have at least a 2.1 and meet individual section cut off scores).
Thanks for the replies everyone :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending