The Student Room Group

Raf regiment gunner pgsc

I have just got my date for my PGSC - 13th of May anyone else going on this date? Or anyone been recently and can offer some advice or tips?

Scroll to see replies

Don’t ring the bell
Reply 2
Is this the run I’ve heard so much about 🤣
Original post by AlphaTango
Don’t ring the bell
Reply 3
Original post by JP01274
Is this the run I’ve heard so much about 🤣

If you think it's a run, you're in for a shock! ,
It's the battle PT. Also known as the 'skirmish'.
Reply 4
I’ve tried to do a lot of research into what to expect from the PGSC but I’ve not actually heard of this any chance you could give me an insight?

Original post by Surnia
If you think it's a run, you're in for a shock! ,
It's the battle PT. Also known as the 'skirmish'.
Hi

Apart from the fact that the Skirmish is no longer part of the PGSC (and there's no longer a bell!) then the info isn't far wrong...

Have a look here, choose the Regt Gunner role from the drop down list first and the details of the current PGSC will be listed.

https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/how-to-apply/application-process

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Reply 6
Hi Adam thank you for that, while I’ve got someone that knows what they’re talking about, on my invite to the PGSC on my dashboard it says it’s a 3 day course but on the link you attached it says 4 days, do you know which it is? Thanks a lot
Original post by RAF_Adam
Hi

Apart from the fact that the Skirmish is no longer part of the PGSC (and there's no longer a bell!) then the info isn't far wrong...

Have a look here, choose the Regt Gunner role from the drop down list first and the details of the current PGSC will be listed.

https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/how-to-apply/application-process

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Original post by JP01274
Hi Adam thank you for that, while I’ve got someone that knows what they’re talking about, on my invite to the PGSC on my dashboard it says it’s a 3 day course but on the link you attached it says 4 days, do you know which it is? Thanks a lot

Hi

The PGSC info should be correct. It may not be taking into account the day getting there though. But it is changing again in a few months time too, but not until after your course date, so don't worry.
The info you're sent has come from the Regt so it will be accurate to what you'll face on the course.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Reply 8
Ace thanks a lot, in terms of basic training how long after did you get a date ?
Reply 9
So as I have exams I had to push my prtc and basic training date back a bit I have prtc on the 12 June and start basic on the 26th , other lads who did the same course as me have prtc at the end if this month and basic soon after. You may be on the same prtc and basic as me if yours is in may
Hope this helps

(Prtc 2 days at Halton to do the service fitness test and other assesments)

Original post by JP01274
Ace thanks a lot, in terms of basic training how long after did you get a date ?
Reply 10
So you found out soon after you PGSC when you would be going to prtc and basic?
Reply 11
Yeh pretty soon
If you wanna know anything else just let me know
Original post by JP01274
So you found out soon after you PGSC when you would be going to prtc and basic?
Reply 12
Ace thanks a lot
Reply 13
Happy to help mate there was no I info when I was looking before my pgsc

Original post by JP01274
Ace thanks a lot
Reply 14
Yeah it’s been difficult to find stuff but this page has definitely been useful will take it on board and hopefully see you in the regiment
Reply 15
Yeh mate good luck with pgsc put in 110% effort and post in this group if you get your date because we may well have the same date
Original post by JP01274
Yeah it’s been difficult to find stuff but this page has definitely been useful will take it on board and hopefully see you in the regiment
Reply 16
Definitely mate, can you private message on this? I’ll get you on Facebook or something
I have my PGSC on may 6th how long can i expect to wait for a training date if i pass
Reply 18
could be pretty fast my pgsc was April 1st and lads are starting basic on the 8th of may so only a few weeks.
Original post by Kailan44
I have my PGSC on may 6th how long can i expect to wait for a training date if i pass
So do I mate, do you have a group chat or anything?
Original post by Kailan44

Quick Reply

Latest