The Student Room Group

Is an MBA worth it?

I'm looking at signing up for a full time MBA at Northumbria University. My question is do you think it is worth it? Have you done/would you do one?
I would do one, although I'm not a business grad.
All the people I know who have done an mba highly recommend it, lots of opportunities to make new contacts and diversify into new areas.
Many recruitment consultants show a lot of preference for candidates with mbas.
Thanks for replying - I’m really interested in it and to be honest I think it’s s better option than the other Msc I was looking at “global logistics management”. I think the MBA will interest me more and open more doors.

Did any of your friends mention any downsides at all?
Original post by londonmyst
I would do one, although I'm not a business grad.
All the people I know who have done an mba highly recommend it, lots of opportunities to make new contacts and diversify into new areas.
Many recruitment consultants show a lot of preference for candidates with mbas.
Original post by MickyJay0401
Thanks for replying - I’m really interested in it and to be honest I think it’s s better option than the other Msc I was looking at “global logistics management”. I think the MBA will interest me more and open more doors.

Did any of your friends mention any downsides at all?

MBAs can be quite intensive, the most popular unis tend to charge big bucks for mba courses and the average student age can be in the 30s-40s range.
Many students have over a decade of high-powered career experience, earn six figure salaries and can be come across as a little intimidating to students in their 20s.
Most friends have had issues obtaining funding for their mba and had to ask their families for financial support.
MBA fees can easily be double the maximum postgrad student loan and students with existing masters qualifications are usually not eligible for extra sf.
Several friends are very uncomfortable that their parents/grandparents remortgaged homes or cashed in their pensions to pay for mba courses.
Hey am taking masters currently at Northumbria it’s defiantly worth it
Original post by MickyJay0401
I'm looking at signing up for a full time MBA at Northumbria University. My question is do you think it is worth it? Have you done/would you do one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending