Jasminelewis25
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I’m trying to revise chem but it’s really stressing me out as I just find it hard for everything to sink in for me to remember and I HATE ORGANIC with a passion. Any tips to help me ??
username1445490
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Persistence.
Variety of learning techniques.
Recap topics to remind yourself after having a break. Recap the previous day's revision at the start of the next day, Recap the previous week's revision at the start of the next week, If you don't recap and remind your brain will dump it.
Explain things to other, non chemists. Teaching is a really good way to learn.
Do loads of past exam questions and learn from the mark schemes. Do all the pre 2015 papers for your exam board.
I once had a student who made the whole organic flow chart on pieces of different coloured card. Some with names eg alkene, alcohol, some with arrows, some with condition, some with other reagents like catalysts and some with the type of reaction/mechanism and then she had use them to do organic synthesis.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads